Roger Cigol

Where is the VC++ option check box

I have a C++ Builder application that is in two parts - a dll and a main exe. This has all been working fine with version XEn ... 10.0... 10.1... 10.4.... etc (and maybe 11.1 too).

But when I compiled it with 11.2 patch 1 I found it compiled without errors but didn't run. I traced the problem to DllMain() not being called when the dll is "attached" as the exe

file loads. When I changed this from DllMain() to DllEntryPoint() it all started working again. (Phew!).

This page:

https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/Creating_DLLs_in_C%2B%2BBuilder

Suggests that there is an option (check box) called VC++ which selects either DllMain() or DllEntryPoint(). 

But I can't find this option ! anyone know where this is for version 11.2 patch 1 ?

6 hours ago, Roger Cigol said:

This page:

https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Alexandria/en/Creating_DLLs_in_C%2B%2BBuilder

Suggests that there is an option (check box) called VC++ which selects either DllMain() or DllEntryPoint(). 

But I can't find this option ! anyone know where this is for version 11.2 patch 1 ?

I don't have 11.2.1 to verify this, but the checkbox should be in the initial dialog when creating a new DLL project.  It is not something you can toggle in the Project Options after the project is created.

• Thanks 1

Hi Remy, Well that would explain why I can't find it !

But it doesn't explain why I've suddenly had to change a working using MainDLL() project to having to use DllEntryPoint() in order to get it to work. 

My own notes suggest that the last time I rebuilt this project was 11.1.5 - so I suspect the change has happened just with 11.2 

Any way thanks for your help. As I have solved the problem it's probably not worth further chasing !