Calum Anderstrem

Unable to access Log.d on Android after update to 11.2

Prior to 11.2, I used Android Monitor to access Log.d messages from my Android apps. Monitor appears to have been deprecated, and so I have attempted to access logging through adb logcat. While this returns a large amount of logs, copying the output and performing a search for logs from my app returns nothing. I've also attempted adding parameters to filter on the app itself, such as: adb -d logcat <app name>:I *:S  which returns:

--------- beginning of main
--------- beginning of system

But nothing else. 

I have also tried Device Lens 1.3.0 (mentioned by Dave Nottage here), which detects the Android device, displays all processes & allows a screen capture, but clicking the play icon to display notifications only shows one message, and that's it.

I had no problems accessing logs using this device and app with the previous version of RAD.

I would be very grateful for any help with this matter, thanks in advance.

Just now, Calum Anderstrem said:

I have also tried Device Lens 1.3.0 (mentioned by Dave Nottage here), which detects the Android device, displays all processes & allows a screen capture, but clicking the play icon to display notifications only shows one message, and that's it.

I haven't seen that problem before. What make/model device do you have? Perhaps also include what version of Android is on it

38 minutes ago, Calum Anderstrem said:

The device is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite SM-T220

OK, not sure why it would stop after just one message. Does it do that with all the filters off?

2 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

I haven't seen that problem before.

BTW, when I installed Device Lens, I had to select an older SDK (AndroidSDK-2525-22.0.42600.6491); it did not like the SDK recently installed and used by 11.2 (AndroidSDK-2525-22.0.46141.0937). if that helps explain things.

1 hour ago, Calum Anderstrem said:

Here's a screen capture:

There's a splitter bar just above the panel (ie not the listbox) where it says SM_T220 (and the serial). Move it upwards and the grid with the log entries will show