Al T

Update Subscription: Embarcadero policy seriously this bad?

I want to verify this information is true or not?

A email to me about the subscription policy:

"As per Embarcadero policy, maintenance is a continuous circle that you have to renew every year and there cannot be a lapse between maintenance and after expiration, you have to renew the subscription the very next day
As you did not renew last year, if you chose to renew then you have to go for the 2-year option. I have also added a 5% discount in the attached quote. If you renew it for 1 year, it will again expire within 2 months (COMING OCTOBER).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!"

So, if you buy Delphi... If you lapse in renewals, you must pay for previous years??

(I believe earlier if you have had no valid licence there was no possibility to renew the previous one. The only option was to buy a new licence.)

1 hour ago, Al T said:

So, if you buy Delphi... If you lapse in renewals, you must pay for previous years??

Pay for an new license

2 hours ago, Al T said:

This is hardly uncommon. Otherwise why pay for maintenance, ever, until you "need" it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Al T said:

if you chose to renew then you have to go for the 2-year option

I didn't renew last February and in the good bye letter from EMBT there was something about being able to reactivate it..

I don't have it handy but pretty sure there was a period specified when it can be reactivated.

Maybe you better clarify that with subscriptions..