Al T

Anyone know if it's possible to have a Delphi Enterprise and Developer license on the same computer for two different versions?

Hi,

Anyone know if it's possible to have a Delphi Enterprise and Developer license on the same computer for two different versions?

Thank you in advance!

P.S.

I have Delphi 11 Enterprise and can't afford either subscription or new price.  I was thinking of buying the full price developer version instead.

Edited by Al T

18 hours ago, Al T said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance!

P.S.

I have Delphi 11 Enterprise and can't afford either subscription or new price.  I was thinking of buying the full price developer version instead.

Two different editions of the same Delphi/RAD Studio major version cannot coexist on the same PC, different editions of different major versions can, however. If you need the former you have to install one of the editions in a VM or different PC.

11 hours ago, PeterBelow said:

Two different editions of the same Delphi/RAD Studio major version cannot coexist on the same PC, different editions of different major versions can, however. If you need the former you have to install one of the editions in a VM or different PC.

That's a bit confusing.

Can I have 11.0 Enterprise and 11.2 Developer on the same computer?

10 hours ago, Al T said:

i belive not

14 hours ago, Al T said:

That's a bit confusing.

No, they are the same major version. If you wait for 12.0 to come out (no idea when that will be) it could coexist with 11.0 Enterprise.

4 hours ago, PeterBelow said:

No, they are the same major version. If you wait for 12.0 to come out (no idea when that will be) it could coexist with 11.0 Enterprise.

I'm just worried "Developer license" will downgrade all previous versions like my Enterprise license did...

When I upgraded from 10.4 developer to Delphi 11.0 Enterprise... all previous versions of Delphi upgraded to Enterprise.   I'm wondering if I install Delphi 12 Developer... would it downgrade all previous versions to developer?

16 hours ago, Al T said:

I'm just worried "Developer license" will downgrade all previous versions like my Enterprise license did...

When I upgraded from 10.4 developer to Delphi 11.0 Enterprise... all previous versions of Delphi upgraded to Enterprise.   I'm wondering if I install Delphi 12 Developer... would it downgrade all previous versions to developer?

No, all previous licences for higher editions will stay valid.