Daniele Teti

Job Offer - 5 Delphi Devs for bit Time Professionals

14 hours ago, Rick_Delphi said:

ou're telling me! Oh my, the US is looking terrible these days.

I wouldn't go that far. There are things I don't like; trends I don't like. But there is nowhere else I would rather live. I have 50 states to choose from as well, all of theme are very different. The culture and cost of living varies between many extremes across this land. (Anyone who thinks the USA is homogenous about anything needs to travel more!)

On 6/7/2023 at 6:15 PM, Stano said:

It's a good thing we have lawyers. Otherwise I would understand everything:classic_laugh:

They are the ones that came up with all this...go figure.

Back to the 100k/yr example: Everything that has been deducted so far is just taxes. What about social security (healthcare, pension, unemployment)?

On 6/9/2023 at 10:09 AM, Sherlock said:

They are the ones that came up with all this...go figure.

Back to the 100k/yr example: Everything that has been deducted so far is just taxes. What about social security (healthcare, pension, unemployment)?

FICA taxes are social security and Medicare taxes. They have been mentioned. Pension will depend completely on your employment benefits. (Most US companies these days will participate in a 401-K program with you, and give you matching contributions to an investment account you own and take with you wherever you work.) Unemployment is a compulsory insurance program all employers participate in and it's not a line item on your paycheck stub but of course it is just another cost of employing someone. Healthcare has also been mentioned and most companies offer a health insurance benefit that you can opt into. Some of the cost is reflected on your pay stub depending on the program and what you choose to do and this all varies widely from one employer to another. Of course if the employer has a health insurance benefit, all of the employees are paying all of it, even if they don't "think" they are. It is yet another cost of employing people that the employer must pay.

Edited by Brandon Staggs
  • Thanks 1