skyzoframe[hun]

The Delphi Certified Developer // To prepare for the exam

2 hours ago, Roger Cigol said:

b) it gives you areas that you can focus on to learn more and hence stimulate your mind and perhaps become a slightly better more experienced programmer.

yes, this is the reason, from one point of view.

Edited by skyzoframe[hun]

36 minutes ago, skyzoframe[hun] said:

Are there any good books to read? What did I miss?

Here is suggested reading for certification:

https://www.embarcaderoacademy.com/courses/delphi-developer-certification-exam/lectures/6312823

I think the last updated exams were in 2011, so these recommended readings are what was available back then. What you already read, some books could be considered advanced, so I think you should be good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2022 at 5:36 AM, Mike Torrettinni said:

Here is suggested reading for certification:

https://www.embarcaderoacademy.com/courses/delphi-developer-certification-exam/lectures/6312823

I think the last updated exams were in 2011, so these recommended readings are what was available back then. What you already read, some books could be considered advanced, so I think you should be good.

I suspect Marco Cantu's book would be sufficient. As I recall, most of the stuff on that first test is pretty much "core language" and "common objects".

The second one gets into the really hairy stuff that's in the Enterprise Edition that nobody uses except in really large complicated projects. I think you'd have to either be a consultant moving through a lot of large and diverse projects, or work for someone who wants you to learn all of that stuff to teach it to others. I've never worked at a place that used ANY of that stuff, let alone ALL of it.

Good luck!

Edited by David Schwartz
  • Thanks 2