gioma

File Manifest : changing it does not load new settings.

Hello everyone,
I have an application developed in Delphi 11.2, I changed the DPI Awareness by selecting the "MonitorV2" option, but the change has no effect on the exe generated in that specific folder.
If instead I move in othrer folder the generated file then everything works fine.
I believe it's the windows cache (in this case windows 11) not allowing to reload the manifest of the file.
I tried restarting the OS, but that didn't work.
Is there a way to solve this problem?

I just emptied the folder, kept only "Layout.ini" and "PfPre_a24c160c.mkd" but the behavior doesn't change.
In that folder the program generated by Delphi doesn't seem to have the right manifest and therefore if I change the resolution it gets deformed.

try use "output" project to a folder with privilegies for "any user", and necessary copy your "manifest manually" for test...run it...  if ok, use your Project-Deployment to add your manifest and copy it for this folder (RemotePath = ..., )

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

sorry, I was wrong to answer.

Edited by gioma
wrong thread

I tried on "C:\" and it works.
I tried on "C:\Users\MyUser\OneDrive\Desktop" and it works.
i created and tried on "C:\TEST_FT" and it works.

It doesn't work where the software was started with a different manifest!

9 minutes ago, David Heffernan said:

Why do you have a manifest file. It should be a linked resource. Delete the .manifest file. 

I modified the manifest file on the project options, but it is not a file external to the exe.

image.thumb.png.d4263f132f7d2a28b2ce06f95ce176cf.png

look into your "EXE / RES", search for "manifest" ... see if any "condition" specific to folders in use? => Notepad++ is good for that!

image.thumb.png.8a87490e28e2663c573c3a18b4a845b8.png   image.thumb.png.be31370aa1463f7a00b1ff8a1835ea0b.png

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

28 minutes ago, gioma said:

I modified the manifest file on the project options, but it is not a file external to the exe

I guess I misunderstood when the subject said file manifest. Details are quite important.

Edited by David Heffernan
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

look into your "EXE / RES", search for "manifest" ... see if any "condition" specific to folders in use? => Notepad++ is good for that!

image.thumb.png.8a87490e28e2663c573c3a18b4a845b8.png   image.thumb.png.be31370aa1463f7a00b1ff8a1835ea0b.png

the settings appear to be correct:

<asmv3:application>
    <asmv3:windowsSettings>
      <dpiAware xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">true/pm</dpiAware>
      <dpiAwareness xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2016/WindowsSettings">PerMonitorV2</dpiAwareness>
    </asmv3:windowsSettings>
  </asmv3:application>