omnibill

Mysql connection problem

I am using CBuilder 11.2 IDE. I am trying to connect to a Mysql database using dbExpress. I get the same error with my program and also using Data Explorer.

The error is: DBX Error Client library may be missing.

I found the file LibMySQL.dll was missing from my computer. I downloaded it but there is no change.

There must be something missing in the IDE for the Data Explorer to not be working.

Is there something else I need to install.

Why are you using dbExpress? Is it an existing application that worked properly with another version of C++Builder?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, omnibill said:

I found the file LibMySQL.dll was missing from my computer. I downloaded it but there is no change.

You need 32bit version for the IDE

There is no reason I have to use dbExpress. FireDac does not seem to work either in DataExporer. I have an existing VCL program that I need to add the ability to upload a new record to a MySql database.

I downloaded the 32 bit version of LibMySQL.dll it is version 6.1. Maybe I need an older version.

I solved the problem by using FireDAC. The LibMySQL.dll I have will work with FireDAC. I just need to have a MySQL database that allows a connection from a remote computer. I am now using google for testing. The only thing with google it requires you to give them your IP address in order to be let in. Not a good solution for my customer since the IP address can change.

1 hour ago, omnibill said:

I just need to have a MySQL database that allows a connection from a remote computer.

Using % as a host will allow all source IP addresses afaik. Check if you can set it, but it's a security risk, so be warned...