Frédéric

No menu content or popups anymore

Hi,

I have my main monitor set to 200% (resolution of 3840 * 2160) . My additionnal monitor is set to 100% (1920 * 1080). Windows 10.

The Delphi IDE runs on the second monitor (font 100%). If all the parts of the IDE remain on this same monitor then all is correct.

But as soon as I put one or more IDE panels (Structure or Project panes for ex.) on the primary monitor, appart on the panes on the primary monitor, no menu pops up (neither main menu or 'real' popups).

(Do they show elsewhere ?)

If I do it in the other way (Delphi on the main monitor, 200%) and panes on the additional monitor, then the menu content shows but completely shifted to the left and with a 100% font instead of 200%.

This is probably related to HiRes stuffs which the IDE does not correctly support. But perhaps worth mentionning.

For me it sounds more like a bug, not taking the current monitor settings, but the last one used !!

Perhaps does someone have a magic solution ??? Already a QC entry ?

Thanks ! 

Frédéric

Which version of Delphi are you using?   Is this is Rio or an older version?

I have made the observation that the IDE behaves better when the primary monitor is the one with 100%. You might consider switching your monitor setup.

Ah yes, sorry I forgot to mention it. Currently I'm using Rio (10.3.1).

But the same happens also with Tokyo.

I suppose previous version will not work better regarding this.

@Uwe: Hmmm, I"m working on a laptop, and this is so handy to have the programs starting (by default) on the main screen and having the debug information on the secondary screen without having to switch manually (Not to speak about multiple redraw triggers in debug when switching is done).

And switching to 100% on a 3840 * 2160 monitor needs to buy a good magnifying glass to be able to read something 🙂 🙂  !!!

Sad to say but this is one more point where the IDE is not up to date !!!!