Sign in to follow this  
Zazhir

Error in module rtl200.bpl

I use Delphi XE6 in my aplications, all of the was made using this version. Recently i intall the same version on a new machine. All went good, the project's are compiling was expected. 

But when I go to close the Delphi compiler, I get this error of access violation on the module rtl.200.bpl. 

image.thumb.png.55ecf74c1d2d8c9fbccd17fae3653074.png

I tried to look for this module, but I could not found. Any ideia on how to solf this "error"?

The wrap around address and the size of the wrap around looks like an attempt was made to access the virtual method table of a freed object that has been set to nil. A guess based on the offset is it tried to call/access:  

Pointer to entry point of SafecallException method (or nil) vmtSafeCallException  (ref: Internal Data Formats (Delphi) - RAD Studio (embarcadero.com)). Like a bad destroy/cleanup order that resulted in something getting freed twice. 

This could even be... however, it happens to me even when just opening and closing a new project, without even compiling or running it... isn't that weird? 😞

2 minutes ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

This could even be... however, it happens to me even when just opening and closing a new project, without even compiling or running it... isn't that weird? 😞

It's not weird. It's quite a common thing. Now it happens less often. But the number of occurrences of the error probably depends on the weather.

for me, happens with every time that I close the delphi application after a project was open...

6 hours ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

That's actually a good thing: It's easily reproducible.

Are you using any plugins? If yes, disable them and try again. Does it still happen every time? If yes, it's the IDE and you probably can't do anything about it (apart from reporting this bug to Embarcadero, of course).

If not, enable these plugins one by one and every time try it again. This should tell you which plugin is causing the trouble. In that case report the bug to the plugin maintainer.

Edited by dummzeuch

29 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

(apart from reporting this bug to Embarcadero, of course).

If it's Embarcaderos fault it's tough to report it. I have had a situation when the IDE gave me the dialog to report a bug, it generates everything including the call stack. Even after submiting it I was asked for a test case (in my case it is impossible to give) while the call stack should help a developer to locate the error. 

In this case the first step should be to generate a call stack to see where to search for the bug.

40 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

That's actually a good thing: It's easily reproducible.

hi @dummzeuch

actually I use "pure" RAD Studio 11.2 with only Patch 1 default installation! Not even the most common suites on the market!
I use RAD only for my hobbyist projects as Melander emphasized in a recent post. But he's right, I'm a hobbyist and I like Delphi.

Regarding the use of plugins and the like, NOTHING, NO third party components or suites! 

Nothing nothing nothing! just pure IDE installation with personalities: Delphi/CBuilder (not used for me = I don't know C language - sorry)

So the real cause is very strange...
but it doesn't happen all the time, but at certain times... I know when it will happen... when the Code-Editor shows the "red lines" (pseudo-errors) in the code... then, I think LSP can be related to the fact. But, of course, it can be just one of the causes, as it happens to other people too, whether in small or large projects.

Do not ask me how, but the error was fixed!

- I just did a update on a component library inside Delphi's IDLE.  The component was the Indy, but I think there not to do with the component it self but with the C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero folder.

Perhaps I just deleted some files that maybe was causing this issue. For those one that maybe want to attenpt to update Indy's component, here is the documentation on how to do that.

Edited by Zazhir