Hello to all,

I'm looking for solution which could let me to get many images from different sources and process them one by one. I think I should use something like a pool.

Is ther any solutions for this task?

What are the sources? What is the processing? Is the processing the same for all images?

Probably more a batch processing than a pool.

17 hours ago, FPiette said:

What are the sources? What is the processing? Is the processing the same for all images?

Probably more a batch processing than a pool.

Don't have any sources at the moment. Recognition processing. Yes processing will be the same for all images.

46 minutes ago, dkprojektai said:

Don't have any sources at the moment. Recognition processing. Yes processing will be the same for all images.

Adopt a layered architecture. On part is the communication with the sources and one part is the processing.

The communication shall work with "connectors" handling a specific protocol, for example HTTP, or FTP, or network share and so on. The communication layer talk to the connectors at one end and talk to the processing at the other end. There shall be a queue between the communication layer and the processing layer. The queue shall be serviced by one or more processing units.

Of course this is an overly simplified view of one possible architecture.

You have to tell much more about the context and goal to get better help. First you need to think about the architecture, then the implementation. This second stage is where Delphi can do something for you.

Just an idea.

you could upload all images to AWS s3, then use the event on s3 to trigger a lambda function running a delphi linux console app in docker.

This example is not using Delphi, but still explain the consept using s3 as a pool.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/with-s3-example.html

We have several Delphi apps running smootly  on  Lambda..

We use this Lambda runtime API for our Delphi apps

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lambda/latest/dg/runtimes-api.html

Answering your question is very difficult. It all depends mainly on what the final goal of the application is and how the various processes are imposed on you.

What is the infrastructure available (local computation, cloud, distributed computing)?
Will the image acquisition be synchronous or asynchronous, will they be serialized? Does the application prioritize speed?
Etc ....

Bye