FabDev

Get Minimize, Maximize and Close button width of a Tform

Hello,

I would like to show a  StayOnTop form on the left of the Minimize, Maximize and Close button (Top right of tittle bar) of a TForm.

image.png.588256d2cdc86c95b2d7f2c086e38646.png

To do it I need to compute width of these button, so I have tried this :

var

TitleInfo       : TTitleBarInfo;

NonClientWidth, ButtonWidth: Integer;

begin

NonClientWidth := Width - ClientWidth;

SendMessage(Handle, WM_GETTITLEBARINFOEX, 0,NativeInt(@TitleBarInfoEx));//   LPARAM(@TitleBarInfoEx));

ButtonWidth := TitleBarInfoEx.rgrect[5].Right - TitleBarInfoEx.rgrect[2].Left + 2 * NonClientWidth - 2 * BorderWidth;

Following this :

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/ns-winuser-titlebarinfo

But  TitleBarInfoEx.rgrect[5].Right return me wrong value like not initialized :

image.thumb.png.7e76558ae17b1f3d4922aff08f0048c3.png

So how to get it ?

Edited by FabDev

Inspect Delphi's VCL.Forms.pas -> TTitleBar.GetCaptionButtonsRect -> DwmGetWindowAttribute

7 hours ago, FabDev said:

To do it I need to compute width of these button, so I have tried this :

But  TitleBarInfoEx.rgrect[5].Right return me wrong value like not initialized

Your code snippet is declaring a variable named TitleInfo, but you are sending WM_GETTITLEBARINFOEX with a pointer to a variable named TitleBarInfoEx instead. Also, make sure you initialize the TTitleBarInfo/Ex.cbSize member before sending WM_GETTITLEBARINFOEX.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/menurc/wm-gettitlebarinfoex

lParam

A pointer to a TITLEBARINFOEX structure. The message sender is responsible for allocating memory for this structure. Set the cbSize member of this structure to sizeof(TITLEBARINFOEX) before passing this structure with the message.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/winuser/nf-winuser-gettitlebarinfo

[in, out] pti

Type: PTITLEBARINFO

A pointer to a TITLEBARINFO structure to receive the information. Note that you must set the cbSize member to sizeof(TITLEBARINFO) before calling this function.

So, try this instead:

var
  TitleInfo : TTitleBarInfoEx;
begin
  TitleInfo.cbSize := SizeOf(TitleInfo); // <-- ADD THIS!
  SendMessage(Handle, WM_GETTITLEBARINFOEX, 0, LPARAM(@TitleInfo));
end;

Beside the WinAPI way, you could make your day easier by following the Vcl way of doing and playing with the Titlebar.

5 hours ago, KodeZwerg said:

Beside the WinAPI way, you could make your day easier by following the Vcl way of doing and playing with the Titlebar.

Thank you that was a nice idea but I use DevExpress (Bar/Ribbon and Skin) which is not compatible with the native Titlebar.

23 hours ago, Remy Lebeau said:

So, try this instead:

Thank you Remy it's work fine !