limelect

11.3 and Android tools

I downloaded the community edition for evaluation 11.3

On my D10.2.3 I have  Avd Manger and SDK manager 

No such programs on the 11.3

Any advice?

Can I compile it for Android?

Ndk and SDK exist.

Can I copy the above programs to (user) 22 folder?

After installation they are available in the Publics documents / Embarcadero / Studio / 22 / CatalogRepository / NDK, JDK,etc folder

You can get the folders from Tools / Options / Deployment / SDK / Android

If you didn't add them, you'll find the JDK/NDK/Java options in Tools / Platforms / Options dialog box

7 hours ago, limelect said:

No such programs on the 11.3

if fact, you dont need "install it", but just "COPY it" from any PC with SDK/NDK Android. Of course, need the same version used in RAD 11.x!!!

Using Android Studio, you can download it, not problem, but need pay attetion that the Android Studio is a little different about setup file (please read about this)

1. Summary:
    1. you can copy SDK/NDK Android (to RAD 11.x) folders from any other PC  (Android SDK/NDK is free for install/copy)
    2. you can copy this folders to any disk/folder that you want (dont need be Public\...\Embarcadero\...etc) -> just use Tools->Options->Deployment->SDK-Android... and use it!!!
    3. in default RAD 11.x install, you dont have all files in SDK/NDK android... you need install (copy it) later install RAD!!! -- you'll have just the "commandlinetools-win-XXXXXXX.zip" - unzip to see the tools or download it from Android Studio site!!!
    4. in x:\xxxxx\AndroidSDK\cmdline-tools\bin   you'll have the "sdkmanager.bat" that can aux in update your sdk/ndk
      1. basically, you can: sdkmanager.bat --help   to see all params to update your Android SDK/NDK  for example:
        1. skdmanager.bat --sdk_root=<<Path root of your Android SDK>> --list    <-- to know what packages is on Google
        2. skdmanager.bat --sdk_root=<<Path root of your Android SDK>> --list_Installed    <-- to know what packages is installed in your PC
        3. sdkmanager.bat --sdk_root=<<Path root of your Android SDK>> --update "build-tools;31.0.0" "cmdline-tools;v5"     <--- to install this packages

4. sdkmanager.bat --sdk_root=<<Path root of your Android SDK>> --uninstall "build-tools;31.0.0" "cmdline-tools;v5"   <--- to uninstall it

5. etc...

5. you can try download the files using Android Studio (just for first download files).. then in Settings, see where was dowloaded

1. later, copy the folders for your disk/folder to better access (if you want)

2. later, in RAD Studio, just use it!

3. later, you can use "SDKManager.bat" for update it (if dont need Android Studio anymore)!

2. I have used SDK/NDK from RAD 10.4 and updated using SKDManager.bat to download news version to 11.x and works so good! Any thing, do the tests because RAD11 use another SDK/NDK versions!!!

image.png.77ac892a4876a7d5da7f77273f01ef65.png

Edited by programmerdelphi2k

2 hours ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

After installation they are available in the Publics documents / Embarcadero / Studio / 22 / CatalogRepository / NDK, JDK,etc folder

You can get the folders from Tools / Options / Deployment / SDK / Android

If you didn't add them, you'll find the JDK/NDK/Java options in Tools / Platforms / Options dialog box

I have those folders but NO Avd Manger and.exe SDK manager.exe in them

This is why I asked the question

I think that this EXE is from old editions from Android in RAD, now is AVD*.BAT

• @rem Execute avdmanager
    "%JAVA_EXE%" %DEFAULT_JVM_OPTS% %JAVA_OPTS% %AVDMANAGER_OPTS%  -classpath "%CLASSPATH%" com.android.sdklib.tool.AvdManagerCli %CMD_LINE_ARGS%

@programmerdelphi2k Ok, you are correct BUT I run the BAT with any error nothing.

I expect those 2 windows to make a virtual Android and update. 

But I get nothing

I will try again as I am not near my system

Thanks

Edited by limelect

@limelect  I think that you need download "an image platform" at first, to create your AVD...  use SkdManager.bat to download your image desirable!

• I dont use virtual devices here!

dont forget set the enviroment var "REPO_OS_OVERRIDE" is set to "windows", before run the command to download

• set  REPO_OS_OVERRIDE=windows

@limelect

my experience with "manuall" updates

• RAD installed - no SDK/NDK - OK ---> cmd-tools is a zip file, then unzip to see the "sdkmanager.bat" - if necessary, just download last cmd-tools from Android Studio official site!
  • using old SDK/NDK from RAD 10.4 - update using sdkmanager.bat in RAD11 - ok
  • with CMD-TOOLS you can use sdkmanager.bat to update your enviroment as said above
  • if using Android Studio, you can to do the same downloads, BUT it change some setup files that is different from "manual" updates by SDKManager.bat... but if your warning dont worry, go ahead.
  • you dont need REALLY use any virtual devices, alias, using real device is better and more performatic to install apps etc..

@limelect

I have test here create a new AVD (but as I dont have used anymore, it's necessary define a custom manually answer the questions)

• avdmanager create avd -n test -k "system-images;android-30;default;arm64-v8a"  <-- your image to use

a little here form SoF https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42792947/how-to-create-android-virtual-device-with-command-line-and-avdmanager

@limelect really, my opinion is: you can use what is better for you!

Using Android Studio is very pratice, no command is necessary, all in UI! 🙂

Using command-line, is better for old-school pratices, I like this, more control!

the big trap is a incompatible way to store the info about setup file, nothing more!

as you know, JAVA is basically command-line, just look at "window message" when compiling any project in RAD Studio to Android, Linux, macOS, or same Windows... a lot of "dcc32, javaxxxx, etc..."

Was this ever resolved? I am being forced by google to update to a minimum of API 33 but I have not found instructions that actually work for updating the SDK version in Delphi 11.3. There is no SDKmanager.exe or "SDK Manager.exe". Like you, I ran the sdkmanager.bat file and have no idea what it did, but what it did not do was install an exe file.