Gonzalo Fernandez

Registering user activity?

Hi, I am interested on opinions on how to measure the user activity at their endpoint. This means which functions they are using, and how long it takes each function execution. In my case  I have an user interface in Delphi Windows VCL and Android FMX invoking using rest server-side functions in Java. I want to improve UX but for this it would be useful to know what parts of the system are used and how long user waits.

I found that there is a free platform with source code from embarcadero, AppAnalytics, that looks nice, but I think that it is unable to record function duration. 

Anyone had experience with this platform? Makes sense to try to expand it?

Or do you know similar platforms or libraries that may provide nice support for this need?

TIA

At the Dutch Delphi day a few weeks ago, Bob Swart presented CodeSite which can do this (CodeSite - RAD Studio (embarcadero.com)). Especially the real time tracking whereby log events were sent directly to a central server showed that user interactions with the application could be tracked in (nearly) real time.

• Thanks 1

AFAIK, CodeSite is limited to Windows, probably even VCL only. Apart of that it is really great.

@Uwe Raabe

• https://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/using-app-tethering-to-enable-codesite-for-tracing-mobile-apps-with-bob-swart

Delphi App Tethering allows interaction between two applications that can exist on different devices (but must be connected on the same subnet or Bluetooth). Using this technique, I've enabled the CodeSite logging tools to be available for cross-platform app development with Delphi.

Bob Swart Developer Bob Swart Training & Consultancy Bob Swart is a Delphi developer who started programming in Turbo Pascal in 1982. He has written hundreds of technical articles on Delphi software development, and has spoken at developer conferences since 1991. His main areas of interest are DataSnap and Mobile Development with Delphi, but Bob is also quite experienced in helping developers to move legacy applications to recent versions of Delphi, specifically BDE and Unicode related.

Look this:

Edited by programmerdelphi2k
  • Thanks 1