sdeann

System.Net.Sockets

Hello every one , please i need an example on how to Send/Receive TCP packet with inlink.gifTSocket from System.Net.Socket (cross platform) in an inlink.gifAsyncCallback way or in a separate thread .

Thank you in advance .

Hi 😉

So over here I found one thread concerning System.Net.Socket. Sadly there is no use of AsyncCallback in there:

But it looks pretty straight forward to me: implement either callback event handler or method and use that as a parameter for BeginReceive. What is your code so far, and where do you get errors/are you stuck?

On the other hand, it is a rather low level component and implementing asynchronous communication involves a lot of ground work. May I suggest moving on to the more powerful components like the Indy or the ICS components. And from the sound of it I think you might want to go with the ICS.

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

On the other hand, it is a rather low level component and implementing asynchronous communication involves a lot of ground work. May I suggest moving on to the more powerful components like the Indy or the ICS components. And from the sound of it I think you might want to go with the ICS.

Thank you very much , is ICS cross-platform ( mobile ) ?!

It does support POSIX and macOS, so perhaps iOS as well. I am afraid Android is not officially supported though. So perhaps for mobile devices you could go Indy.

ICS does not support any mobile platforms, only Mac OS-X now and Linux Ubuntu with the next major release next year.

Angus

• Thanks 1

I only work with Delphi and Windows platforms, any support for C++ or other platforms in ICS is dependent on other developers, and such contributions are very rare. C++ support will cease unless someone comes forward to take responsibility for it. 

I have no commercial need for mobile platforms, and my own requirements are the driving force behind my contributions to ICS over the last 20 years. 

Angus

• Thanks 1