mvanrijnen

Strange behaviour Windows VCL app on specific laptop

Okay, problem with one of our local apps here. 

* App runs fine on all computers except one.

* This one is a specific laptop (HP ZBook xxxxx,  with  an Integrated  (i7-7thgen) and  NVIDIA P600 Quadro videocard.

The one specific app does not draw fully, some panels/buttons etc are not drawn,

but specially also the mouse cursor is different. 

So for a quick solution i told the user to use a virtual machine (logon with RDP from his laptop), on this virtual machine everbody can work with the App,

BUT for the user on the laptop the same effect,even when using the app on a different machine through RDP.

(we just using simple RemoteDesktop for this).

All other apps work just fine on the laptop

Anyone any clue or where too look/dig for a solution?

Are you sure about NVIDIA P600 Quadro? I ask because this NVIDIA model is not for a laptop. And I have an HP ZBook 12 G2 which use Intel graphics included in the i7.

Anyway, whatever the graphic card is, make sure you have the latest driver installed.

HP have some laptop models with NVidia P600 Quadro (eg. HPZB15VG5).

Like @FPiette said be sure that you use the latest driver installed.
Also, try to force the app to works with integrated graphics (Intel GPU) or with NVidia. You can use the Optimus / GPU Nvidia settings from NVidia control panel.
Bye

Drivers updates (as well the Intel as the nVidia drivers)

Forced the app to work with the Intel GPU (does this work if the app is launched from a "launch app" instead of the explorer?)

10 hours ago, mvanrijnen said:

Drivers updates (as well the Intel as the nVidia drivers)

Forced the app to work with the Intel GPU (does this work if the app is launched from a "launch app" instead of the explorer?)

Do you mean it works now?

27 minutes ago, FPiette said:

Do you mean it works now?

Sorry, no problem still exists after that.

The mouse cursor being different might be a clue.  Is there any other software installed that is different on this machine than others?  Are any of the Accessibility options enabled? Are you using themes? I recall that there was a screen to speech service (designed for blind usage) somewhere that really created havoc many years ago in a app that I developed as it was intercepting low level windows calls and caused the application to not render properly.  If you are using themes, try to rebuild and deploy a version without them and see if it works.  

A, at the end (after months) we (accidently) discovered that is was because of Windows Scaling (was set to 300%).

• Haha 1