Sign in to follow this  
amit

Compile and Run from IDE OK but not if Running from the Output App.

I compile and run the Application from the IDE, it works fine.    When I run it by double click on the application file it give me the Runtime Error 217 at 0142EA7C.    I try searching for solution on internet and follow the suggestion but it didn't work at all.  

sfc /scannow

dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Any suggestion are appreciated   ,

Edited by amit

What kind of application are we talking here? VCL? FMX? Console?

That you get a runtime error rather than an exception hints at something going wrong before an exception handler is active.

• Like 2

Try under IDE with Project Options > Debugger > Notify on language exceptions

Also try running under IDE with F7, then open CPU window with ASM code and Go to address $ 0142EA7C

It is FMX application on Windows.   Now I found the problem.   I used Skia (TSkAnimatedImage) on the form.   I run this code under the IDE without Enable Skia, it works without problem but not running directly on the output application.    So if I Enable Skia and compile, it works both on the IDE and output application.   But I found another problem,  all FMX styles that I applied to many components were lost.    Can you help solving this problem or I should not use Skia, and find the other animatedImage Component instead?

A respectful suggestion: It would be more useful to other users of this forum if you posted this new question as a separate question with an appropriate title....

• Like 1

Hi Roger Cigol,

English is not my daily use language.   I'm not good at English so I'm sorry if it make you confuse about my question.   I try to explain as much as I can.   I attached 4 pictures to show what I'm trying to explain my question.

Problem is

1. All customstyles that applied to all components will not shown properly when compile with Enable Skia.  Application can be run from Windows Explorer and under the IDE.

2. If Compile with disable skia, the application can be run under IDE only with properly customstyles display.  But the application cannot run from Windows Explorer and it will always give the runtime error 217.

RunUnderIDE.jpg

RunUnderIDE-EnableSKIA.jpg

RunFromFileExplorer-DisableSKIA.jpg

RunFromFileExploere-EnableSKIA.jpg

Edited by amit