Leo Lui

[Midware] Midware for Rio 10.3 installation fail

Hello,

I tried to install the latest Midware version for Rio 10.3 by the OverbyteMwD103Design.dproj, it prompted an error 'OverbyteMwD103Run' not found. Are you missing include this object in the zip file?  

Best Regard,

Leo

9 hours ago, Leo Lui said:

error 'OverbyteMwD103Run' not found. Are you missing include this object in the zip file?  

You are right. I updated the zip file. Please download again and let me know if it works now.

Thanks.

Hi Piette,

I tried to build OverbyteMwD103Run. It prompted IcsSslDefs.inc, IcsSslEAY.pas and  IcsLIBEAY.pas files are missing. I found them from the ICS component source folder and copied them to this server component source folder and build it again. It prompted  ICSDEFS.INC is missing. However, I find it nowhere. Where can I get this file. The required file OverbyteMwD103Run.bcp cannot being built in this case. Am I doing correctly?

14 hours ago, Leo Lui said:

I think you are using a quite old ICS version because currently, all ICS as well as Midware files have their name prefixed by Overbyte. Be sure to install latest ICS first. And make sure old ICS is not available anymore (It can stay on disk but shall not be found using search path of any kind).

You have to install ICS as explained in ICS documentation. Do not copy ICS files from ICS folder to Midware folder. Instead add to your Delphi global search path the source folder of ICS as well as the source\include. Only then you can build Midware.

I'm not sure but you should probably also modify OverbyteIcsDefs.inc to make sure USE_SSL is not defined when building Midware which do not require SSL. I mean I'm not sure ICS distribution has USE_SSL symbol defined or not.

12 hours ago, FPiette said:

I mean I'm not sure ICS distribution has USE_SSL symbol defined or not.

USE_SSL is defined for the main ICS distribution, since most applications need it today.

Angus