Loading A Project (DevExpress Behemoth Installed)

Ever since I HAD to install DevExpress on Alexandria 11.3 loading a project (it does not have DevExpress in that project) takes a very long time to load that project.

I have been doing Delphi since 2000 and this is my first experience with DevExpress and I am not impressed.

Thanks for any enlightment.

Edited by Guest

I doubt that it's DevExpress that's slowing your project load down. I always have it installed and do not have any problems with it.

It's more likely the livebindings design-time support that's the culprit (at least it used to be a common cause of slow downs). Try disabling the livebindings design time packages and see if that helps. The attached .reg file does that for Delphi 10.3, 10.4, and 11.x

You may need to reinstall DevExpress afterward as I believe some of their packages have dependencies on the livebindings packages.

disable delphi livebindings.reg

That was never a problem.  I put the blame on DevExpress because I dislike the whole product and perhaps too quickly laid the blame on it.  Also the project that I inherited includes the full measure of JCL/JEDI and FastReports.  And it was originally written for 2007.  Fun, fun.

And no, I have Delphi 10.2 and 10.4 and they are lightening quick on loading.  11.3 was before this massive change.

18 hours ago, TazKy said:

I put the blame on DevExpress because I dislike the whole product and perhaps too quickly laid the blame on it.

Thats very subjective, isn’t it? 🙂

DevExpress indeed slows down Delphi - which is perfectly normal as it adds hundreds of components to the palette. But in my experience this only affects the load time of the IDE itself, not the appearance of your first form / unit on the screen!

Which one you have an issue with?