softtouch

TButtonEdit and left button dropdown menu

I have some buttonedit controls, each has left and right buttons.

The left buttons have all the same popup menu assigned as dropdownmenu.

When I now select a menuitem, how can I know which buttonedit control showed the popupmenu?

Not sure if it will work here but you can try to check the TPopupMenu.PopupComponent property.

1 minute ago, aehimself said:

Not sure if it will work here but you can try to check the TPopupMenu.PopupComponent property.

Unfortunately, it does not work with dropdown menus, it seems to work only with popup menus.

Isn’t the dropdown menu a TPopupMenu? Or you mean in this scenario the property is not populated?

Neviem, či máš na mysli toto:

It is in: procedure TAppearance.mniAlwaysStartOverClick(Sender: TObject);

Edited by Stano

35 minutes ago, aehimself said:

Isn’t the dropdown menu a TPopupMenu? Or you mean in this scenario the property is not populated?

The menu is a TPopupmenu, but assigned to the dropdownmenu property of the TButtonedit buttons. And with that, it seems not to work and TPopupmenu.popupcomponent return always nil.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, softtouch said:

And with that, it seems not to work and TPopupmenu.popupcomponent return always nil.

I see. Thank you for confirming.

This seems to be an oversight in TButtonedEdit (or rather TEditButton.Glyph) to set the DropDownMenu PopupComponent before calling its Popup method. Can you file a QP report similar to RSP-33837, please?