evolplus

Help me to fix compilation error for iOS

Hello everyone!

I have started trying to develop cross-platform FMX application. I succeeded in compile a simple app with just a form (only TLayout and TImageList which contains images) in Windows and Android platform. But when I switched to iOS, I cannot compile with the given error: "F1026: File not found 'dsymutil.exe'. Can you help me figure out that what I made incorrectly? As I know, dsymutil is an utility of Xcode command line tools which is not available on Windows, isn't it? 

P.S: I am using Delphi 11.3. I have already setup Xcode 14.3.1, its Command Line Tools, PA Server 22. Delphi can load list of profiles and simulation devices from my Mac.

image.png

dsymutil.exe should be in the bin folder of your Delphi install, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin

If it is not, then it seems your install of Delphi did not complete correctly, which may mean you need to reinstall. Less drastic is perhaps uninstall iOS support and reinstall it using Tools | Manage Platforms

1 hour ago, Dave Nottage said:

dsymutil.exe should be in the bin folder of your Delphi install, e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\bin

If it is not, then it seems your install of Delphi did not complete correctly, which may mean you need to reinstall. Less drastic is perhaps uninstall iOS support and reinstall it using Tools | Manage Platforms

Many thanks! I tried uninstall and reinstall RAD Studio but it still did not work until I checked to install Delphi MacOS platform support.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, evolplus said:

it still did not work until I checked to install Delphi MacOS platform support.

You mean it worked after installing macOS support? Compiling for iOS Simulator should not require it, as far as I know.

1 minute ago, Dave Nottage said:

You mean it worked after installing macOS support? Compiling for iOS Simulator should not require it, as far as I know.

Yes! It's a bit strange, but it's true. 😂

9 hours ago, Cristian Peța said:

I also had issues with iOS platform in the past and solution was to install MacOS platform too.

I always install macOS support anyway, so had not noticed. I haven't seen the requirement anywhere (as yet), so someone might want to report the issue 😉