John Terwiske

Reinstall Old Version

So I went to reinstall an old licensed version of Delphi 10.3.2.  

In days gone by it was always possible to download the old installers.

Now I get the following (see photo). 

Is this still possible?  It's been years since I've had to do this.  I have no intention of purchasing an update subscription for a simple reinstall.

Thanks,

John 

image_2024-01-17_120417500.png

This comes up every once in a while here. The short of it is, if you don't subscribe for support, you won't get support once your initial support period expires. That includes being able to download non-public-facing files like ISOs. Thankfully you can download the ISOs after your purchase and keep backups, and those will continue to work, until you hit a registration limit, in which case you need to contact sales and request a bump. (Not support -- if you choose to discontinue your support subscription, you won't get, well, support.)

Edited by Brandon Staggs

3 minutes ago, Brandon Staggs said:

This comes up every once in a while here. The short of it is, if you don't subscribe for support, you won't get support once your initial support period expires. That includes being able to download non-public-facing files like ISOs. Thankfully you can download the ISOs after your purchase and keep backups, and those will continue to work, until you hit a registration limit, in which case you need to contact sales and request a bump. (Not support -- if you choose to discontinue your support subscription, you won't get, well, support.)

When did they tell us we needed iso files?

And now I vent (haha):

I've always been able to download old versions, install, activate license, etc.  Even without a subscription.  In fact when subscriptions were first instituted developers specifically asked if this subscriptions were going to be required for reinstalls, and the answer was definitely not "you'll always need a subscription to download old versions"

I've sent an email to support, we'll see what they say.

10 minutes ago, John Terwiske said:

When did they tell us we needed iso files?

I doubt they ever did. I always just assumed it was prudent to have a copy. Actually I think they really expect most people to use the web installer.

ve always been able to download old versions, install, activate license, etc. 

I'm pretty sure this has not been the case for quite some time now. Probably as long as they have been selling maintenance subscriptions, but definitely not for years.

In fact when subscriptions were first instituted developers specifically asked if this subscriptions were going to be required for reinstalls, and the answer was definitely not "you'll always need a subscription to download old versions"

Hmm. Maybe. I remember when they started doing maintenance but I don't remember that. I may have just forgotten. But just to be clear, you can install without a subscription. Getting then to help you is a different issue.

I've sent an email to support, we'll see what they say.

My theory is that they won't give support unless there is an active support subscription. If they don't give you a favorable response maybe someone in sales will help out?

Maybe someone else who has gone through the scenario you are going though can comment.

Edited by Brandon Staggs

21 minutes ago, Brandon Staggs said:

Excellent! It's good that this is a public link.

Unfortunately Embarcadero doesn't want us to share these links publicly.

Yes, I never understood why either.

5 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Unfortunately Embarcadero doesn't want us to share these links publicly. 

Nobody told me ..shrug..

Unfortunately, I am also in the same boat - my subscription has expired and I am not able to download any product from the portal. Fortunately I had the web installer for Athens, but unfortunately it fails to install anything because the GetIt and potentially other servers are down. Now I am searching for the alternate download link for Athens ISO but no luck so far.

On 1/18/2024 at 3:26 PM, kaarigar said:

Unfortunately, I am also in the same boat - my subscription has expired and I am not able to download any product from the portal. Fortunately I had the web installer for Athens, but unfortunately it fails to install anything because the GetIt and potentially other servers are down. Now I am searching for the alternate download link for Athens ISO but no luck so far.

I emailed Embarcadero support for this matter and this is the terse reply I received:

Please note that download via EDN page is limited to those who have active maintenance on their license. If your license has no maintenance then you won't be able to download this product. Kindly contact your renewals@idera.com
Closing this case for now. Once renewed, kindly submit a new case via www.embarcadero.com/support

I am now really at a loss on how to get the ISO for current and past versions.