PeterPanettone

Delphi 12 Welcome Page: Open Recent

The Open Recent section on the Welcome page is one of its most valuable features.
Unfortunately, the much too large .dproj icons all look the same, which does not contribute to a visual project recognition:

image.thumb.png.9bfa7b98124eaa7ed09ce0e73c111d22.png 

It would be helpful if each item in the Recent list could have its own configurable icon associated with the respective project. Is there a trick or an addin to achieve this? (For example, by placing a Recent.ico file into each project directory. Or the Welcome Page could automatically extract the icon from the compiled project executable).

Edited by PeterPanettone

You know that this forum is not the right place for feature requests, do you? The replacement for Embarcadero's Quality Portal will hopefully be online soon, post a request there.

Why do you assume this is a "feature request"? I just wanted to start a discussion. Are you against discussions? Are you against people posting questions here? This is so sad.

To be fair, it at least contains a simple question and thus seems pretty valid for this forum:

On 1/29/2024 at 11:57 AM, PeterPanettone said:

Is there a trick or an addin to achieve this? (For example, by placing a Recent.ico file into each project directory.

• Thanks 2

I too consider this to be a valid question for this forum. Alas I am unaware of any ways to change the behavior of this. Perhaps the Wuppdi welcome Page has something to offer?

One of my next projects will be a revolutionary comprehensive system-wide Delphi Files/Projects Manager that will, of course, include custom project icons. It's already finished in my brain - I have only to type it on the keyboard.

image.png.814615035d485923977dc1cd5e8b6ed6.png

This is not a joke.

Edited by PeterPanettone
  • Haha 1