Tommi Prami

Weird error on latest SVN source release build with D12 (fix versio)

[dcc32 Fatal Error] GX_About.pas(8): E2213 Bad packaged unit format: c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\23.0\lib\Win32\release\rtl.dcp.Winapi.Windows - Expected version: 36.0, Windows Unicode(x86) Found version: 95.84, Unk(CIL)

I think I've never seen this error. Debug version builds just fine.

-Tee-

1 hour ago, Tommi Prami said:

I think I've never seen this error. Debug version builds just fine.

In that case you was lucky or you are not using packages often. This error can appear at no reason, you have to recompile the packages and everything should work fine. 

I have never seen this error either. GExperts and other experts must be built with runtime packages, but I never use them in regular projects.

The error message implies that the package format is not the expected one. Did you by chance already install the Delphi 12.1 update? Maybe there is something wrong with the package that comes with that update.

(In case of Delphi 12 patch 1 (it's not officially 12.1) a clean all was required before I could compile a project group. I have tried before to uninstall design time packages that was not enough to remove the Access Violation when I tried to compile. After clean all I was able to compile.)

5 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

The error message implies that the package format is not the expected one. Did you by chance already install the Delphi 12.1 update? Maybe there is something wrong with the package that comes with that update.

Updated D12, did not check is this 12.1 or 12.0 Fix1 

But update is installed.

-Tee-

Can someone build release version of GExperts with patched D12, with current sources?

If can, could you share it for testing. 

9 minutes ago, Tommi Prami said:

Can someone build release version of GExperts with patched D12, with current sources?

Just the DLL? Builds for release OK here.

GExpertsRS120.zip