Willicious

How to obtain new 1-year licence for RAD Studio 10.4.2 CE

It's in the title. My current CE licence expires tomorrow, and all efforts I've made so far to obtain a new licence have failed. Does anyone know how I can obtain another 1-year licence for this particular edition of RAD (Sydney 10.4.2)?

10.4.2 is the only version that will successfully compile the project I'm working on, and I need to be able to seamlessly continue with it if at all possible. Both 11 and 12 run into problems when getting the project set up, so simply installing the latest version unfortunately isn't the solution.

Please help!

AFAIK, there is no way to get a CE license for a version below the current CE. You should consider buying a Professional license instead.

I'm a hobbyist and can't justify paying for a Professional version given my limited use of the platform. Also, as stated in the OP, my project only works in 10.4.2 so even if someone were to gift me the latest Pro version, it would be useless to me.

Does anyone know of a way to get a new serial for 10.4.2 CE? Anyone had any luck with contacting Embarcadero for help?

Edited by Willicious

Bite the bullet. Download and install Delphi CE 11.3 (the current available CE edition). When you register for it, you'll get a new key. Migrate your project to the new version - I doubt it will need much changing to work as-is. Frankly, it's not as if you have much choice unless you want to pay for a Professional version (which does give you licences for previous versions).

One word of caution: I'd hang back for a few days before downloading/installing CE 11.3 until Embarcadero have all their servers working properly again.

7 hours ago, Willicious said:

Does anyone know of a way to get a new serial for 10.4.2 CE?

As @Uwe Raabe said, Embarcadero does not want to do this.

Anyone had any luck with contacting Embarcadero for help?

You are the only one who can give Embarcadero a good reason to give you a new 10.4.2 CE license.

9 hours ago, Willicious said:

Both 11 and 12 run into problems when getting the project set up, so simply installing the latest version unfortunately isn't the solution.

If you have sources I don't think this is a show stopper. Ask help here if there is something blocking you to use D11.

Edited by Cristian Peța

Does anyone know of a way to get a new serial for 10.4.2 CE?

Sorry, but you simply can't, as 10.4.2 CE is no longer available. The terms of the CE license require that you download and install the latest CE version every year.  No exception.

If you need to stick with 10.4.2 then you will have to pay for that license, you can't avoid it.  Otherwise, you will have to address the problem that is preventing you from migrating the project to the latest CE version.

8 hours ago, Willicious said:

my project only works in 10.4.2 so even if someone were to gift me the latest Pro version, it would be useless to me.

In contrast to CE do paid licenses come with access to the majority of previous versions.

6 hours ago, Nigel Thomas said:

Bite the bullet. Download and install Delphi CE 11.3 (the current available CE edition). When you register for it, you'll get a new key. Migrate your project to the new version

I am with Nigel here: That seems to be the best solution.