Sign in to follow this  
Luis Enrique

Can't complete installation of RAD 10.4

Hi!

I've been working with RAD 10.4 for a few years now, and as LSP Code Insight stopped working, I decided to reinstall it. Easy thing at first glance, but to my surprise the installer was unable to complete it. I received this error message

image.thumb.png.1ea45e23bebb639be3f78f160ea63aa4.png

I've already seen that the old Embarcadero Getit server is not working. So, what should I do to make it work again?

2 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

've already seen that the old Embarcadero Getit server is not working. So, what should I do to make it work again?

You have multiple choice:
- You can try to send money to Embarcadero. Maybe then they will be able to buy a better hardware. 

-Build a time machine. First travel back in time and install it while the "get it" was working.

6 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

You have multiple choice:
- You can try to send money to Embarcadero. Maybe then they will be able to buy a better hardware. 

-Build a time machine. First travel back in time and install it while the "get it" was working.

Very funny and useful. Thanks

• Like 1

This is due to their extended server outage.   Most servers are back online but the GetIt server for 10.4 is not.   To use the online installation features, you'll have to wait.  Otherwise, use my.embarcadero.com and download and install from the ISO.

https://ideasawakened.com/post/embarcadero-network-issues

6 hours ago, Luis Enrique said:

I've already seen that the old Embarcadero Getit server is not working. So, what should I do to make it work again?

Check where the GetIt server is pointing and try an alternative. In the registry key HKCU\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\CatalogRepository look at the value for "ServiceUrl". If it isn't already, change this to https://getit.embarcadero.com and retry the installation. That's the url my copy of D10.4 (CE) is pointing at, and the GetIt Package Manager seems to connect fine.