Peter J.

Delphi 11.3 with Android SDK 33

https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/PlatformStatus/en/Main_Page

It's clearly stated that Delphi 11.3 supports Android 13 (sdk 33.0).

I have tried for hours to configure SDK 33 into Delphi 11.3 with no success.

I used Android Studio to download SDK 33.0 and latest NDK 26.

Does anyone have a working 11.3 + Android SDK 33? and will care to share their installation tips?

thanks

3 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

shouldn't https://docwiki.embarcadero.com/PlatformStatus/en/Main_Page be the latest update of all? while the Yukon article was posted while 12 was in beta.

anyway, I tried configuring apk 33  just to see if a basic app will work. surprisingly it compiled, BUT when I uploaded to Google portal, it complained I was targeting

sdk 32 instead of 33! I don't even have sdk 32 installed!

My AndroidManifest.template.xml says:

<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="23" android:targetSdkVersion="33" />

any solutions to this? where else could I be specifying 32 wrongly?

6 hours ago, Peter J. said:

I don't even have sdk 32 installed!

targetSdkVersion refers to the highest API level that your app can target, not which API level in your SDK that you built against. If Play Store says your app targets API level 32, check AndroidManifest.xml in the project output folder for which you built the app for Play Store. You may just need to do a clean and rebuild to ensure that AndroidManifest.xml is updated.

ok thanks a lot, Dave!  by the way, "targetSdkVersion" can only be inserted by Delphi?  can we define this anywhere? i looked through Project Options but there is nothing to override.

so I assumed changing the XML hard-coded is the only way?

Just now, Peter J. said:

ok thanks a lot, Dave!  by the way, "targetSdkVersion" can only be inserted by Delphi?  can we define this anywhere? i looked through Project Options but there is nothing to override.

so I assumed changing the XML hard-coded is the only way?

After submission, no errors, but there are 2 warnings.... should I ignore them?

Warning

There is no deobfuscation file associated with this App Bundle. If you use obfuscated code (R8/proguard), uploading a deobfuscation file will make crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Using R8/proguard can help reduce app size. Learn More

-> I suspect this is inevitable for Delphi app ?

Warning

This App Bundle contains native code, and you've not uploaded debug symbols. We recommend you upload a symbol file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Learn More

-> is there an easy way to include a debug symbols file if I'm compiling a Release version (not a debug version)?

4 hours ago, Peter J. said:
After submission, no errors, but there are 2 warnings.... should I ignore them?

Yes, you can safely ignore them ( until Google decides to enforce this probably in the future ).

4 hours ago, Peter J. said:
Warning

There is no deobfuscation file associated with this App Bundle. If you use obfuscated code (R8/proguard), uploading a deobfuscation file will make crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Using R8/proguard can help reduce app size. Learn More

Warning

This App Bundle contains native code, and you've not uploaded debug symbols. We recommend you upload a symbol file to make your crashes and ANRs easier to analyze and debug. Learn More

-> is there an easy way to include a debug symbols file if I'm compiling a Release version (not a debug version)?

I considered that too, but I'm afraid these warning will be hard to remove, because they require certain Android tools, like ProGuard.
Not sure if this will be ever included in the Delphi process.

One idea, at least for the first warning, was to add a neutral or empty "manifest.txt" file.
This might work technically, but on the other hand, the Google Review might see this as an attempt to circumvent or infringe their PlayStore policies,
which might put you in bigger troubles.

My hope is, that Embarcadero put this onto their roadmap.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

Yes, you can safely ignore them ( until Google decides to enforce this probably in the future ).

I considered that too, but I'm afraid these warning will be hard to remove, because they require certain Android tools, like ProGuard.
Not sure if this will be ever included in the Delphi process.

One idea, at least for the first warning, was to add a neutral or empty "manifest.txt" file.
This might work technically, but on the other hand, the Google Review might see this as an attempt to circumvent or infringe their PlayStore policies,
which might put you in bigger troubles.

My hope is, that Embarcadero put this onto their roadmap.

Thanks for the tip.

I found this link  [Android] How to upload native deubg symbols to playstore? · fastlane/fastlane · Discussion #21090 · GitHub

for the debug symbols.

if anyone figured out how to do it for Delphi, do update here 🙂