bdw_nz20

12.1 IDE start up error personality not supported

I was a little offended as thought I had an acceptable easy going personality but 12.1 IDE seems to not agree !!!!

Anyone else struck this error message "Personality 'Default.Personality' is not supported ?

Ok would just pop up again, then had to Task Manager stop it, second restart worked alright that time.

12.1ErrorPersonalityCapture.JPG

Have you configured the IDE to load the last open project at start? The message may be caused by a corrupted dproj file.

If you get the error without loading a project check the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Embarcadero\BDS\23.0\Personalities. It should look like this:

image.thumb.png.2fb103f22dd97e18401263dcbcfe2dfd.png

Depending on your licence you have more entries, but the one after "(Standard)" is what counts here.

There is a matching key for the current user: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\23.0\Personalities. It should have the same content.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, PeterBelow said:

Depending on your licence you have more entries, but the one after "(Standard)" is what counts here.

I have never seen a "default" key value be named "(Standard)". It's always been named "(Default)" on every system I have ever used, eg:

image.png.7b55b1600a73330f589084e7c7b9629e.png

Edited by Remy Lebeau

(Standard) is displayed in a German Regedit-Tool, and is the same as (Default)

On 4/24/2024 at 10:02 PM, PeterBelow said:

Have you configured the IDE to load the last open project at start? The message may be caused by a corrupted dproj file.

If you get the error without loading a project check the registry key Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Embarcadero\BDS\23.0\Personalities. It should look like this:

image.thumb.png.2fb103f22dd97e18401263dcbcfe2dfd.png

There is a matching key for the current user: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\23.0\Personalities. It should have the same content.

No it isnt set to load last project and my setup looks the same as Remy posted.

So far this error has only happened once with the 12.1 install, not struck it before on 12.