Jud

Show percentage in VCL TProgressBar

If I remember correctly, VCL ProgressBars used to show the percentage, in numerals.  I'm trying to add one to a Delphi 12.1 project, and it isn't showing the percentage.  I looked at the properties but I didn't see any that seemed like it would turn on the display of the percentage.

Is there a way to show percentage on a TProgressBar in Delphi 12.1 VCL?

TProgressBar is just wrapper around the standard Windows progress bar control so its features and behavior is dictated by that control.

It's extremely easy to make a custom progress bar that does what you need with a TPaintBox; It's just two FillRect and two DrawText.

I thought it used to show the percentage.  It would probably easiest to just put a TLabel above it to tell the percentage.

TProgressBar (and by extension, the underlying Win32 control) has never had an option to display text. That would require subclassing the ProgressBar to augment its drawing manually.

Thanks, just my faulty memory from some years ago.  I just stuck a label above it - that is what I must have done way back when.

7 hours ago, Jud said:

Thanks, just my faulty memory from some years ago.  I just stuck a label above it - that is what I must have done way back when.

Perhaps you remember TGauge, one of the sample components that came with early Delphi versions, before Windows introduced the progressbar common control.

• Like 2

TGuage might have been it.