Peter J.

3D render engine that works with Delphi

Most of the 3D render engines seem to be C++.  It doesn't seem to be trivial to translate the C++ to headers that can be used by Delphi.

Are there any existing 3D libraries that work with Delphi?  When I mean 3D, I don't mean Castle game engine type (not realistic enough).

thanks for any pointers.

You can also check Afterwarp (https://afterwarp.io) framework, which can produce quite realistic results. It works with Delphi.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shineworld said:

My antivirus (Bitdefender) notice a malware in the link:

virustotal.com tested .7z SDK archive looks OK:

image.thumb.png.1dfd1ce9b0baba0e1f49a5760b0d66a8.png

Something goes wrong with either links.

Virustotal notice a malware in the home page:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/ed9d2c0aac2e802dc498bc8fc7e8eb6102005a3f87606340d6837a7969846413?nocache=1

When I try to download the file, as in your previous image, Free Download manager refuse to start,
then automatically begin the normal chrome download but a 99% downloading stops with message "file not available on the net".

Changing https:// to http:// in https://asphyre.net/files/Afterwarp-SDK-v300.7z with Download manager the download start but 
close to end of the download the HTTP 403 error appears.

At this point I've asked to VirusTotal to refresh the virus check of Afterwarp-SDK-v3007.7z submitting the download link
and it notice two positive for "asphyre.net/files/Afterwarp-SDK-v300.7z contiene malware of type Cloud Virus":
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/7e3fa21609ded7e62223028b875f7eb8a497e08550d574c49430cd53896bd222?nocache=1

Edited by shineworld

I don't know if it is a false positive, the fact is that I was unable in any way to download the file because

of our server antivirus actions.

On 9/1/2024 at 4:56 PM, Peter J. said:

Most of the 3D render engines seem to be C++.  It doesn't seem to be trivial to translate the C++ to headers that can be used by Delphi.

Are there any existing 3D libraries that work with Delphi?  When I mean 3D, I don't mean Castle game engine type (not realistic enough).

thanks for any pointers.

Hi Peter,

If you want full pascal 3d engine, CGE is still a good candidate, and can do realistic images.

Afterwarp is very good too, more industrial goal, and it is distribute as a lib, and is written in c++. It is distribute with a clean wrapper and an high level pascal objects lib available for delphi and fpc. Wrapper is available since 3.0 for c# too. 

So, it depends of your goal (wich langage) but not really on rendering result.

Note I had download just a few minuts ago Afterwarp file, and BitDefender(Microsoft defender effectively react as a malware. But is is definetely a false positive. I check the sha1, it is very same objet rom weeks ago, and I recheck the decompressed content on other virus check (virus total) and only bitdefender reacts. False positive 🙂

Scuse me but I do not undestand what do you say when you say that CGE is not "realistic enough" ?

IHMO, Realistic rendering is not really matter of 3d backend end, but, on a classical raster 3d engine, it is more a matter of shader, mainly (and texture, more basically).

Outside the 3d backend, you can go to a variety of technics to achieve a realistic rendering, such as cloud point reconstruction (scalar fiels reconstructrion on high resolution) or cloudpoint splatting rendering,see @Eric Grange's great exemple on delphiTools web site yesterday !) , or even raytracing on high end hardware.

So, if you want to make "realistic" on CGE, it is possible @Michalis Kamburelis done exemple on that See for exemple gltf object handling, which is great.

in fact, you can even obtains "correct" result in FMX3D, with simple obj and correct texture handling (photogrametery technics) or working in a more depth technics, witch advanced shader composition.

Could you please just give more details of what is your goal or what kind of 3d results you want to target ? 

Thanks ! 

Vincent

On 9/4/2024 at 6:53 PM, Vincent Gsell said:

Hi Vincent!

thanks for the reply.

If you want full pascal 3d engine, CGE is still a good candidate, and can do realistic images.

I didn't know it can do realistic images as the examples on youtube show a little "cartoon-like" renderings.

Afterwarp is very good too, more industrial goal, and it is distribute as a lib, and is written in c++. It is distribute with a clean wrapper and an high level pascal objects lib available for delphi and fpc. Wrapper is available since 3.0 for c# too. 

ok, I'll check this out.

What I'm trying to do is go close to a Blender 3D software rendering... meaning if I put in textures & lightings, it can give me an almost photo-realistic rendering.

There was one suggestion of using Firemonkey 3D. I have tried it using the 3D forms etc.  However, I read that the "perspective" generated in Firemonkey is not correct

(similar to old-generation 3D rendering engines). Not sure whether this is true.

I'll check out the links you gave. Thanks!

Lastly, do let me know if I can achieve Blender-like 3D renderings with textures and lightings... eg. I would want water and glass to look natural too.

thanks

Hi, 

Lastly, do let me know if I can achieve Blender-like 3D renderings with textures and lightings... eg. I would want water and glass to look natural too.

Yeah, sure : Check Afterwarp, you'll find precompilated demo that match water and glass that your are looking for 😉

If your are looking to do a "industrial type" (i.e. pro grade software for visualization) 3d rendering app, it can definitely match. 

But, once again, achieve high quality "PBR" rendering, requiert a lot of work on model, texture and so on : It is not really an issue localized on a 3d engine backend (if your 3d engine can handle shader correctly), but a source and assets "issue". 

I didn't know it can do realistic images as the examples on youtube show a little "cartoon-like" renderings.

Source assets files are important, and it is a matter of shader, texture quality, model resolution : See CGE'exemple based upon gLTf 2.0.

But it's right that it move the amount of work on model creation, not in the code. 🙂

There was one suggestion of using Firemonkey 3D. I have tried it using the 3D forms etc.  However, I read that the "perspective" generated in Firemonkey is not correct

(similar to old-generation 3D rendering engines). Not sure whether this is true.

Yes, it's right : Transformation matrixes for camera/view and world are more or less locked on FMX. It's a *severes* weaks.

The only way to change init transpormation pipeline is to work on TForm3D in an From3dOnRender event. You can see that on a @Paul TOTH exemple here 

Let me know if you can move forward, or what your are doing (in PM) or if you need more info.

Vincent