pyscripter

Delphi 12.2 available for download

Maybe this would help to solve some of the problems listed above.

RAD Studio 12.2 Athens Inline Patch 1 Available

https://blogs.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-12-2-athens-inline-patch-1-available/

Unfortunately 12.2 must be uninstalled to apply the patch.

Stéphane Vander Clock

It’s great to have a patch, but it’s a bit unfortunate that we have to uninstall the previous version to reinstall it with the patch. I feel quite uncomfortable with this. In the end, it’s almost the same as doing a 12.3 release. 🙁

Understood. We did try to get it out as a patch, but it was going to be so huge with so many files to be copied/updated that the chance for something to go wrong and leave the system partially patched and unusable was too much. In the end it made the most sense to make it an inline release to guarantee the best chance of success despite it being not quite as convenient.

It is also a breaking change for all those 3rd Party libraries that you get their source code for and install by building their files.

I have spent a couple of hours rebuilding libraries I had the source for that needed to be re-installed as, presumably, their existing .bpl/.dcp/.dcu files were no longer compatible.

Also the existing installed plug-ins - GExperts, Eurekalog, MMX & cnWizards won't load.

I rebuilt GExperts and is OK but I will have to wait for the other 3.

Edited by Ian Branch

2 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

It is also a breaking change for all those 3rd Party libraries that you get their source code for and install by building their files.

I have spent a couple of hours rebuilding libraries I had the source for that needed to be re-installed as, presumably, their existing .bpl/.dcp/.dcu files were no longer compatible.

Also the existing installed plug-ins - GExperts, Eurekalog, MMX & cnWizards won't load.

I rebuilt GExperts and is OK but I will have to wait for the other 3.

Strange, since in my case both GExperts and MMX (v15.1.11) worked fine after installing the patch.   So did all components installed from source in Delphi 12.

Edited by pyscripter