Daniel

New Patch for Delphi 10.3.2 (runtime packages compatibility)

Embarcadero released a patch for Delphi 10.3.2:

https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30886

This patches fixes the backwards-compatibility for runtime-packages. Usually the minor version-updates (like 10.3.1 to 10.3.2) should be binary compatible. This was not the case for this update. Packages built with 10.3.2 were rejected by applications built with 10.3.1 or 10.3.0 - also by Delphi itself. So especially all IDE-addons are affected - if they are compiled with 10.3.2.

I have just updated the "wuppdi Welcome Page" after applying this patch to my Delphi-Installation. Let's cross the fingers and hope for the best. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

wuppdi Welcome Page 1.2.6 still does not work for 10.3.1, no compatibility

1.2.4 works, but cannot be downloaded from your website :)

Thank you for your work

shot_190911_213314.jpg

For an IDE package to work in Delphi 10.3, 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 it has to be compiled with 10.3 or 10.3.1 in the first place. The compatibility patch is needed to make such an application work with 10.3.2 (actually the patch is meant for 10.3.2 installations only). 

There is no way to make a package compiled with 10.3.2 work with 10.3 and 10.3.1. This case is a bad combination of first breaking compatibility by accident and then refuse to fix it because that would break some other compatibility.

• Confused 1

Oops, so a component/expert built with 10.3.2 does not necessarily work for 10.3.0 or 10.3.1?

Since people without maintenance don't get the point versions, they are double fscked. Or the component/expert vendors/maintainers have to create two versions of their exes meaning they have to keep the older IDE versions around. And since it's not possible to install e.g. 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 on the same machine, that means they have to use multiple computers or multiple VMs.

Great, just great!

Indeed! After trying several other approaches I reverted my build machine back to 10.3.1 to provide a compatible version. Believe me, I am not amused - to say the least.