Jacek Laskowski

Unknown attribute

How to set Delphi compiler to stop with error on classes where unknown attributes were used (no appropriate units in the uses section)?

Delphi 10.3

I don't have my RAD Studio in English, so the translation might be off:

Project options -> Delphi Compiler -> Hints and Warnings -> Not supported language Features

You can set this from "True" to "Error" so the compilation will stop.

8 minutes ago, Jacek Laskowski said:

In previous versions of delphi I did so, in 10.3 it doesn't work, that's why I asked a question.

Please file a bug report.

7 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

according to that there is supposed to be new warning so current behavior is fine, but I cannot see it nor turn it on. (except with compiler directives) 

Yes, my comment to Marcos post remained unheard. We should create a separate QP entry for that.

• Like 1

In Project Options - Delphi-Compiler - Compiling add the following value to Additional options to pass to the compiler-W^UNKNOWN_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTE

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Uwe Raabe said:

In Project Options - Delphi-Compiler - Compiling add the following value to Additional options to pass to the compiler-W^UNKNOWN_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTE

Arghhhh... who designs this stuff? Some warnings can be setup at one place, other in another... it is a mess...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Some warnings can be setup at one place, other in another.

That is only a workaround until the dialog allows setting it directly. The mentioned option is a last resort to tweak the command line parameters given to the compiler.

47 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

If the things were done right in the first place we would not need workarounds.

If things were always done right in the first place neither the term bug nor the term workaround would exist.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/18/2019 at 1:27 PM, Uwe Raabe said:

Thanks for tip!