Spielie96

[legal] Need help with Packet Sniffer in Delphi

Hey guys,

I am currently working on a packet sniffer for the MMORPG Last Chaos. With the Packet Sniffer I only want to intercept incoming packets and get access to them. The script is already available so far and was taken over by a packet editor, whereby the pointer and some smaller functions was adjusted. Unfortunately, the game client crashes after a short time due to an exception. I do not get the problem properly debugged and I don't know what I can do now.
Does anyone have experience in Delphi and some time to take a look at it with me? I also like to pay something for support through PayPal as a thank you.

It isn't illegal, as I have received an order from the company to test the safety of the game. Unfortunately, I came across the above mentioned difficulties. I would need the script or the revision of my scripts today. So of course I would pay a little more. What would your price be?

Thank you in advance!

//Edit: The pointer is correct and there are also incoming packets logged in the gui.

Edited by Spielie96

Try not to modify the packets at all. Some games have cheat detection and disguise the "I caught you, cheater" message with a simple crash.

Well, I've heard of really powerful sniffer solutions available (WireShark is #1) and they probably allow user scripting. Besides that, if you need to modify traffic as well, maybe it's easier to write a proxy.

8 minutes ago, aehimself said:

Try not to modify the packets at all. Some games have cheat detection and disguise the "I caught you, cheater" message with a simple crash.

I already bypassed the Anti-Cheat protection and the script is running.

some more information: i know which function stops the scripts work. After I commented out the calling of the old, moved function of the .dll of the game, it was working fine, but the packets should still reach the old one...

I think i made a misstake by moving the function in the memory and calling the old one. I am not an expert in the field and the employee I had hired as an expert in the field is unfortunately ill and unreachable. I would be very grateful if someone could help me and look at the script for a fee.

10 minutes ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

Well, I've heard of really powerful sniffer solutions available (WireShark is #1) and they probably allow user scripting. Besides that, if you need to modify traffic as well, maybe it's easier to write a proxy.

The packets are unfortunately encrypted and therefore not visible with Wireshark. The encryption is very hard and i can't decrypt it from the outside. So I have to solve this by injecting.

Guys, the german DelphiPraxis has a no-cheat-tool-policy. I'm pretty sure that applies to the english version here as well. So...sniffing is almost OK, modifying must be discussed elsewhere, please.

• Confused 1

I'm not able to find anything in that regard over at delphipraxis.net, and the only thing I can find here is

Content we want to avoid

• Everything related to software-piracy for obvious reasons.
  • Discussions about politics and religion. There are simply better communities for this. Both are sensitive topics and will most likely lead to emotional discussions. These kind of discussions usually consume too much of our time just for moderation.
  • Posts that are related to Embarcadero policies or practices or in general deal with issues that are beyond the control of the members of this community.

• Like 2

@Spielie96, there is an inbox function in this forum. Write me a note/post/mail here and perhaps we could have a "skype session" or similar.

@Spielie96:

You are not just reading the data, you have already modified the client of your game by changing one of the DLLs. To quote your own words: You have already bypassed the Anti-Cheat protection. Sniffing and analysing data sent to your computer is fine, but you are taking actions that are clearly against the will of the publisher - otherwise you wouldn't have to bypass any protection. So you create advantages over the other participants of this MMORPG. And this is kind of cheating.

I will close this thread.