PeterPanettone

Filter Checkboxes for the Messages list?

Does GExperts have Filter Checkboxes for the Compiler Messages log-list?

image.thumb.png.9761cc3b88a97a87ec9f81cbb15043b2.png

This would allow to TEMPORARILY hide any of the message types [Hints, Warnings,  Errors], without having to change the corresponding setting in the Options dialog and then repeat the compilation process:

image.png.2486d296b6e905650070b99e35c1d70e.png

This would particularly useful if there is a long messages list.

There should also be a filter box to filter the messages for a search term (showing only the messages containing the search term), for example:

image.png.b562a10fbd8a0226c144fe2e54d4a4e1.png

This would be very useful!

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to access the text in the messages window in Delphi > 7. They switched from a list view (?) to a virtual string grid when they rewrote parts of the IDE.

(If somebody knows a solution for this, I'd be happy to add quite a few new features to GExperts, that become possible with that.)

4 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Unfortunately there seems to be no way to access the text in the messages window in Delphi > 7. They switched from a list view (?) to a virtual string grid when they rewrote parts of the IDE.

(If somebody knows a solution for this, I'd be happy to add quite a few new features to GExperts, that become possible with that.)

Have you tried to ask Embarcadero? I am sure they are happy to support developers!

15 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

Have you tried to ask Embarcadero? I am sure they are happy to support developers!

(Actually it's a Virtual String Tree, not a grid)

Yes, I did, for various things. Unfortunately nothing much ever came from that, they didn't even fix the OTA bug that partly broke the Replace Component expert.

And I can't waste any of my employer's support tickets on GExperts.

1 minute ago, dummzeuch said:

Yes, I did, for various things. Unfortunately nothing much ever came from that, they didn't even fix the OTA bug that partly broke the Replace Component expert.

According to MARKET RULES, a company should be interested to improve their products to increase its sales. Isn't the US economy based on market rules?

2 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

According to MARKET RULES, a company should be interested to improve their products to increase its sales. Isn't the US economy based on market rules?

Have you followed the last decade of uneven support efforts?

15 minutes ago, Bill Meyer said:

uneven support efforts

What do you mean by "uneven support efforts"?

Edited by PeterPanettone

10 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

What do you mean by "uneven support efforts"?

Perhaps I should have said "disappointing" defect repair. Although there has been some renewed effort in the last year or two, there remains a long list of issues, some of which have been around for a very long time.

3 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

And I can't waste any of my employer's support tickets on GExperts.

Please send me the exact text of the question to Embarcadero to resolve this messages-list problem in a private message, and I will be happy to waste my support ticket.