Sign in to follow this  
Bert-Jan

RAD 10.4 Android KeyboardType NumbersAndPunctuation not working

It seems keyboardType.NumbersAndPunctuation defaults to DecimalNumberPad with Android (compiled in 10.4).

Does anyone have the same experience or am I overlooking something?

7 hours ago, Bert-Jan said:

am I overlooking something?

The FMX Java code has:

NUMBER_AND_PUNCTUATION(InputType.TYPE_CLASS_NUMBER | InputType.TYPE_NUMBER_FLAG_SIGNED | InputType.TYPE_NUMBER_FLAG_DECIMAL),

NUMBER_DECIMAL(InputType.TYPE_CLASS_NUMBER | InputType.TYPE_NUMBER_FLAG_DECIMAL | InputType.TYPE_NUMBER_FLAG_SIGNED);

So they are the same (just or'd in a different order). I doubt whether there's an exact equivalent to iOS, on Android.

Yes I was also missing that too, and even would like to customize the keyboard.

Seems that this ends up in a lot of fumble jumble.

https://medium.com/@ssaurel/learn-to-create-a-system-keyboard-on-android-95aca21b1e5f

https://medium.com/@ssaurel/creating-an-in-app-keyboard-for-your-android-apps-a0a6c6e1e289

Not even checked for the iOS side.

I hope that Embarcadero will work their fingers to the bone one day :classic_blush:

On 7/2/2020 at 12:23 AM, Dave Nottage said:

The FMX Java code has:

NUMBER_AND_PUNCTUATION(InputType.TYPE_CLASS_NUMBER | InputType.TYPE_NUMBER_FLAG_SIGNED | InputType.TYPE_NUMBER_FLAG_DECIMAL),

NUMBER_DECIMAL(InputType.TYPE_CLASS_NUMBER | InputType.TYPE_NUMBER_FLAG_DECIMAL | InputType.TYPE_NUMBER_FLAG_SIGNED);

So they are the same (just or'd in a different order). I doubt whether there's an exact equivalent to iOS, on Android.

Thank you. They used to be different.

I seem to have more issues with the keyboard type. Now with iOS. iOS only seems to work properly if I use the default Keyboard type.

Embarcadero will address this in a future update.

• Like 1