Ian Branch

A component named DotNetForm already exists.????

Hi Team,

D10.4.1, Win 10.

Of late when I start D10.4.1 I have been getting the above error message as Delphi/IDE starts up.

It used to happen infrequently and closing/restarting Delphi normally restored normal service.

Of late it has become more prevalent requiring multiple restarts of Delphi before a normal start happens.

If I OK the error and let it continue I end up with Delphi windows scattered on the screen.

I have done a search of all .pas & .dfm files on my PC and can't find any 'DotNetForm' component.

I have also removed third party stuff like GExperts & cnPack but it still persists.

Open to any thoughts/suggestions.

Regards & TIA,

Ian

30 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

If I OK the error and let it continue I end up with Delphi windows scattered on the screen.

That can happen when a desktop (.dst) file becomes "invalid". Try renaming whatever your startup layout is (default is C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\Startup Layout.dst) and restart Delphi - it should recreate the .dst file.

Thanks Dave,

That seems to have fixed it OK.

There seems to be some corrupting interaction happening with Tools|Saving and Desktop|'Save project desktop when closing'.

If I enable that checkbox, open a project, do nothing with the project, do a close all for the project then close Delphi, all good.

If I enable that checkbox, open a project, do nothing with the project, and close Delphi without closing the project specifically, the original 'DotNetForm' issue returns.  :-(

Is it just me or is there a bug here?

Regards,

Ian

Hi Dave.  Yes.  Similar.

I can work without saving project desktops for now but it will be nice to get it fixed.

I have added my Vote for the issue.

Ian