cellb9

RAD Studio 10.4.1 my first iOS app - can error

Hello all,

I am trying to build my first multi-platform application using RAD Studio 10.4.1 (Delphi). Very simple one button app.

My development environment:

RAD Studio version: 10.4.1 (with latest Combined.Hotfix from 12/25)

Xcode version 13.7

Xcode simulator 13.7

MacOS version: 10.15.7

PAServer version 12.1.10.5

I am using a MacInCloud account with root access. The PAServer connection is established successfully when I attempt to debug the app with target platform iOS Simulator 13.7, however, I consistently encounter the following error:

The following error was returned: 'Unable to create process: /Applications/PAServer-21.0.app/Contents/MacOS/dbkosx_27_0'

I launch the PAServer app using the root user because I thought there might be a permission issue. I downgraded XCode, from newest version in the App store (using SDK 14.3) to 13.7, as I learned RAD Studio 10.4.1 is not compatible with the 14.3 SDK.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

17 hours ago, cellb9 said:

I attempt to debug the app with target platform iOS Simulator 13.7

iOS simulator is currently not supported.

17 hours ago, cellb9 said:

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Use a real device

Maybe its worth to share the answer in your cross-post on SO.

What brings me to the question if MacInCloud is a useful tool or not ?

I considered to use MacInCloud in the transistion times, when OS version changes, to fastly and safely make early tests.

Now I set up my own VM, installing stuff, etc., which is no big deal, but also takes some time.

What I wanted to test if just starting MacInCloud, pre-configurated, can maybe reduce these test- and configuration time a lot.

I would try with real devices, so not the simulator, as the SO answer also points to.

Will such setup with MacInCloud is working flawlessly and make sense, or will I stay better with my VM setup ?

I'm wondering who has good or bad experiences with MacInCloud.

Edited by Rollo62
  • Like 1

Personnaly, I have a real Mac to be in order with regulations.

But I only use VM, and as you say, because of often changes from Apple, running on VM is very secured. I often clone VM before upgrading VM.

I think VM on Mac is perfectly fine with their license.

Anyway I payed so much for their stuff that I hardly care, I feel that I bought Apple already :classic_smile: