Coniah

Delphi 10.4.2 first impressions

On 3/4/2021 at 12:26 PM, Perpeto said:

Does not work for me properly. If I start a new project form scratch it works just fine. But if I load a "real world" project, it neither underlines the warning/hint nor states it in the status-bar at the bottom.. even if I recompile the whole project... 😞 it would've been such a nice feature

Have you tried deleting the .DPROJ file and then reopening the .DPR project file?

18 hours ago, emailx45 said:

sounds interesting.. do you have any further information why this can help? Will try it out, if I find some time.. thanks!

another way, maybe would be

1. create a new project "empty" in the "New IDE" (just delete de Form1) - include, you can have many DPR for each IDE - prjXXXRAD2010, prjXXXRAD1042, etc... the unit files still the same!
  2. add your Forms/Units
  3. adjust yours Project-Options
  4. and test it!

hug

Edited by Guest

Hello,

In Rad Studio 10.4.2 where is the Delphi Compiler option Generate Android App Bundle in project Options?

image.thumb.png.21de1519f340d56f0c360c99bdec1752.png

Thanks, Juande.

Edited by Juande
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Juande said:

[..] In Rad Studio 10.4.2 where is the Delphi Compiler option Generate Android App Bundle in project Options? [..]

Isn't it just renamed to "Generate Android 32-bit and 64-bit binaries (armeabi-v7a + amd64-v8a)"?

I've never developed for Android, I'm just guessing.

2 hours ago, Juande said:

Hello,

In Rad Studio 10.4.2 where is the Delphi Compiler option Generate Android App Bundle in project Options?

image.thumb.png.21de1519f340d56f0c360c99bdec1752.png   image.thumb.png.022aaef1f375c4247489699073fc3e77.png

Thanks, Juande.

look in your screenshot, itself!

hug

1 hour ago, Martin Wienold said:

Isn't it just renamed to "Generate Android 32-bit and 64-bit binaries (armeabi-v7a + amd64-v8a)"?

I've never developed for Android, I'm just guessing.

But checking and unchecking the option always generates aab file, and I cannot test my app in phone.

Just now, Juande said:

But checking and unchecking the option always generates aab file, and I cannot test my app in phone.

the AAB files, it's in true, an "compressed file". Then, use a Zip/Rar uncompress and have it!

hug

7 minutes ago, emailx45 said:

the AAB files, it's in true, an "compressed file". Then, use a Zip/Rar uncompress and have it!

hug

Ok, but aab file not contains apk to install in phone.

On 2/28/2021 at 10:40 AM, David Heffernan said:

You have not defined a type there. You've defined an alias. That's a crucial distinction that is very relevant for the behaviour you observe.

I don't really understand what your alias is buying you. I'd prefer to be explicit here. 

For me it's just much easier to use TFoo.Create instead of TDictionary<aaa, bbb>.Create. It's shorter this way. Also, this way I can easily find where it's used.

On 3/6/2021 at 8:32 AM, PeterPanettone said:

Have you tried deleting the .DPROJ file and then reopening the .DPR project file?

has worked like a charm! thanks to you and  @emailx45 ! 🙂 now also compiles alot faster