Sign in to follow this  
dummzeuch

Object Inspector Filter Box and keyboard navigation

If I press the Tab key in the Filter box of the Object Inspector, one of two unexpected things happen:

1. If the Form is visible, the focus switches to the form and the currently selected control. Further Tab presses seem to follow the tab order on the form. There seems to be no way to directly get back to the Object Inspector without using the mouse. I can press F11 twice which brings me first to the code editor and then to the Object Inspector.
  2. If the code editor is visible, the focus switches to that and then any input goes to the code editor. In this case F11 gets me back to the Object Inspector.

So, I have some questions, all regarding keyboard only navigation:

1. How do I get from the Filter Box to the property list? Since Tab does not work? (Edit: Unexpectedly Shift+Tab gets me there)
  2. How do I get from the property list to the Filter Box?
  3. Does anybody think it is a good idea to let tab switch from the filter box to the form or code editor?

15 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

How do I get from the Filter Box to the property list? Since Tab does not work? (Edit: Unexpectedly Shift+Tab gets me there)

A plain <Enter> should do as well.

Edited by Uwe Raabe
  • Thanks 1

We are a peculiar kind, that expects simple but prefers to do complicated.

22 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

So, I have some questions, all regarding keyboard only navigation:

1. How do I get from the Filter Box to the property list? Since Tab does not work? (Edit: Unexpectedly Shift+Tab gets me there)
  2. How do I get from the property list to the Filter Box?
  3. Does anybody think it is a good idea to let tab switch from the filter box to the form or code editor?

Any hints on my question 2?

15 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

How do I get from the property list to the Filter Box?

What about F11?

22 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:
22 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Any hints on my question 2?

What about F11? 

That will take me to the code editor or the form editor, as described above. Pressing it again will get me to the Object Inspector into the Filter Box. Not quite what I'm looking for.