KenR

Deploy Delphi 11 iOS 15 XCode 13

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if this combination will work. Compiles ok in release mode but when deploying get error:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 2021-10-16 10:12:08.521 xcodebuild[26802:1174757] [MT] IDEDistribution: -[IDEDistributionLogging _createLoggingBundleAtPath:]: Created bundle at path "/var/folders/lg/_86s5gw55yj039w5d4_xhb5r0000gn/T/SAM_2021-10-16_10-12-08.519.xcdistributionlogs".

Thanks,

Ken

12 hours ago, KenR said:

Can anyone tell me if this combination will work

Not at present, deploying iOS apps for App Store configuration with Xcode 13 is currently broken: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-35701

One solution is to revert to Xcode 12.5.1. Another is to use a workaround I have created, however it requires installing at least Mosco 1.2.1 (a macOS app):

Workaround steps:

1. Install at least Mosco, and Codex if using the workaround from Delphi
  2. Build/Deploy your app using App Store config (which will "fail" with Xcode 13)
  3. If using the workaround in Delphi itself, in Project Manager, right click the root node of the project and click "Build IPA". 
    If using the workaround in Mosco, click the Mosco icon in the system bar to bring up the menu, click Fixes > Build App Store IPA. Select the app from the ~/PAServer/scratch-dir/[username]-[profile]/ folder and click Build

Links to installers:

https://github.com/DelphiWorlds/Codex/blob/master/Bin/CodexSetup_1.5.1.exe
https://github.com/DelphiWorlds/Mosco/blob/master/Bin/Mosco.1.2.1.pkg

• Like 1

Thanks Dave. I find it really annoying that new versions of iOS are still unsupported by Delphi for some considerable time. After all, betas are available from Apple!

I thought thehe best option as I want to use Delphi 10.4.2 and 11 was to roll back to Xcode 12.5.1 however the Xcode_12.5.1.xip file seems to be damaged. I have downloaded it a couple of times with the same result. Is this available from somewhere else?

Just an update on this. I am now using CodexSetup/Mosco and have been able to submit to the App Store. Thank you very much Dave.

• Like 1

Is there a way of running on the iPhone locally as I can't manage to do so.

48 minutes ago, KenR said:

Is there a way of running on the iPhone locally as I can't manage to do so.

An App Store build? Not until it is in TestFlight or actually on the App Store and you install it from there. Are you unable to deploy a build in Developer config?

Edited by Dave Nottage

Yes, the deploy fails with this error message and BuildIPA is disabled.

image.png.7aeec929828c03fad89f231a1b064487.png

Turns out that Apple are using the wrong Team ID when a development certificate is generated.

KenR

I'm having the same issue with error 0x e8008015: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

How did you solve it?

6 minutes ago, Eric Bonilha said:

KenR

I'm having the same issue with error 0x e8008015: A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.

How did you solve it?

Already found out my provisioning profile was expired

6 hours ago, Eric Bonilha said:

Shame the IDE cannot tell you this specifically. Seems like a candidate for issuing a warning from Codex/Mosco 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Eric Bonilha said:

Apple have still not come back to me about issuing it with the wrong Team ID (I have two). Hopefully they will come back to me soon as I contacted them three days ago.

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I installed mosco and it was working fine at first, now I'm getting an error, why?

It gives an error after saying build ipa.

Thanks 🙂

IMAGE-1

IMAGE-2

Edited by Arsl01

4 hours ago, Arsl01 said:

Hello, I'm new to the forum, I installed mosco and it was working fine at first, now I'm getting an error, why?

It gives an error after saying build ipa.

In future, please report issues regarding Mosco here: https://github.com/DelphiWorlds/Mosco/issues

Also, please provide full error messages, and not images that have parts of the messages cut off. 

From the little information that is available, it may be you not have followed the required steps, i.e. select App Store build type and do a Deploy (which will fail, but is a necessary step), then use the Build IPA menu item.

Hello again, the full error message is as follows

Mosco 1.2.1
2021.12.06 22:33:06.065 Server is now: Active on Port: 8088
2021.12.06 22:33:06.065 Local addresses (may or may not be bound to any or all):
2021.12.06 22:33:06.065 192.168.139.128
2021.12.06 22:34:42.415 Executing: /usr/bin/xcodebuild -exportArchive -archivePath "/Users/macuser/PAServer/scratch-dir/muharrem-sanalmac/NorthPLus.archive" -exportPath "/Users/macuser/PAServer/scratch-dir/muharrem-sanalmac" -exportOptionsPlist "/Users/macuser/PAServer/scratch-dir/muharrem-sanalmac/NorthPLus.archive/exportOptions.plist"
2021.12.06 22:34:48.060 Export Archive failed with exit code: 70 - ** EXPORT FAILED **

Edited by Arsl01

I solved the problem, it's my fault, I made the wrong certificate settings, sorry

• Like 1