RCrandall

Is Graphics32 ready for Delphi 11 yet?

Hmmm. Could it be that you have two different versions of the Graphics32 run-time package in your path?

Using the debugger, are you able to step into the call to Image321->Bitmap->LoadFromFile ?

I checked the library paths in c++ builder and they lead to a single graphics32 files (I added paths to following maps> Source, Packages, D110, DocProcessor and Maintenance.

By using the command Trace Into ( I hope it corresponds to step into):

a) if I used Trace Into after Run with debugging:

it opened  ustring.cpp in main window

void  __cdecl UnicodeString::ThrowIfOutOfRange(int idx) const
  {
#if !defined(__clang__) || __cpp_exceptions
    if (idx < 1 || idx > Length())    // NOTE: UnicodeString is 1-based !!
      throw System::Sysutils::ERangeError(System_Sysconst_SRangeError);
#else
    assert(idx < 1 || idx > Length());
#endif
  }

UnicodeString::UnicodeString(const char* src): Data(0)                STOPING in this line

b) if I used Trace Into without Run with debugging:

it opened CPU window in the Main window

And yes: I get the same results if using the full path to .bmp.

4 hours ago, Borut said:

I checked the library paths in c++ builder and they lead to a single graphics32 files

I meant the Windows search path. Look for the run-time package: GR32_RD110.bpl

4 hours ago, Borut said:

UnicodeString::UnicodeString(const char* src): Data(0)                STOPING in this line

I think someone that knows C++ Builder will have to help you with this. It seems there's a problem with passing a string literal as a parameter but I have no clue about what to do about it.

I looked at the Environment variables and in System variables, and there is  a path to GR32_RD110.bpl .

I thank you so much for your patience and expertise. I will try to ask this question in the general forum.

I just wanted to ask you if it is worth trying (if possible at all) to install some of the previous gr32 packages (lets say RX) into RadStudio11.

Years ago, (if I remember correctly), I read somewhere, that it is possible with changing GR 32 Compiler.inc?

Thanks again.

Borut

17 minutes ago, Borut said:

I just wanted to ask you if it is worth trying (if possible at all) to install some of the previous gr32 packages (lets say RX) into RadStudio11.

Years ago, (if I remember correctly), I read somewhere, that it is possible with changing GR 32 Compiler.inc?

I don't think that will make a difference. The package source files just contains the references to the GR32 source files and those are the same between the different packages.

I ask you this because graphics32 version named graphics32-1-9-1-fixes-r2148 worked without problem on RAD Studio XE2. I would like to try that version on RAD 11, if it is possible. I use gr32 for artistic purposes and really means much to me.

1 hour ago, Borut said:

I ask you this because graphics32 version named graphics32-1-9-1-fixes-r2148 worked without problem on RAD Studio XE2. I would like to try that version on RAD 11, if it is possible.

You can probably use the D11 package source files from the latest revision and the other source files from the graphics32-1-9-1-fixes-r2148 revision.

Make a copy of the D11 package source files (and GR32_Compiler.inc) and then revert to the revision that worked with XE2. Then copy the package source files back and rebuild the design and run time packages.

Before trying your advice, I will uninstall the current Gr32 version (D110 runtime and design time package) by:

-removing the package (Component menu-Install packages....)

-deleting the GR32_RD110.bpl and GR32_DD110.bpl  in Bpl map ( .....\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bpl)

Is there anything else that I must check or delete to prepare a new clean install?

1 hour ago, Borut said:

Is there anything else that I must check or delete to prepare a new clean install? 

No, I think that's about it.