Vanar

AdMob in Delphi11

hi

There are changes in the Androidapi.JNI.AdMob library
So the problem occurred in compatibility
I tried to solve the problem but I couldn't find any documentation for Androidapi.JNI.AdMob

• Thanks 1

Dave, you are a goldmine 🙂

There appears to be several must do, should do, could do (or do not's) that would help the fledgling developer to get started in a good way, and I bet those were hard earned learning points?

I would love to see you author an article (or a book) on the ins and outs of doing an Android app with Delphi!

Thank you for all your contributions, and a Happy New Year to you!

• Like 4

didnt work for me can anyone post a tutorial on how to integrate it in my projects??? please !! thank you very much

41 minutes ago, houssam1984 said:

didnt work for me

That's way too vague. Did you try the demo? Bear in mind (and if you read the readme) that it depends on the Kastri library.

is there any detailed tutorial on how to make it fully work??? on 10.4 i just add a unit to my project and call it in uses but on delphi 11 .......... hhhhh it is more complicated i guess 

1 hour ago, houssam1984 said:

[dcc32 Fatal Error] DW.AdMobBannerAd.pas(14): F1026 File not found: 'DW.GlobalDefines.inc'

The AdMob demo (as well as others in the Playground repo) is dependent on the Kastri library: https://github.com/DelphiWorlds/Kastri

Please see the Project Configuration section, here: https://github.com/DelphiWorlds/Playground/blob/main/Readme.md

Hi. I'm using Delphi 12. I connected Kastri-master and am testing admob.  In Object inspector  in AdmobBanerAd1.AdUnitID I connected my data ca-app-pub-328..... After compilation an error is thrown. what am I doing wrong?

Screenshot_20240527-073009.jpg

5 minutes ago, sevalx@gmail.com said:

what am I doing wrong?

It's literally telling you what the problem is, i.e. you need to include meta-data in the manifest. Please see this section of the readme.

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

It's literally telling you what the problem is, i.e. you need to include meta-data in the manifest. Please see this section of the readme.

I also changed the data in the manifest... I just didn’t attach the file earlier. the error persists.

Edited by sevalx@gmail.com

9 minutes ago, sevalx@gmail.com said:

I also changed the data in the manifest... I just didn’t attach the file earlier. the error persists.

Looking at your screenshot, you have the meta-data inside of a service tag, rather than inside the application tag, as per the readme that I linked to.

11 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Looking at your screenshot, you have the meta-data inside of a service tag, rather than inside the application tag, as per the readme that I linked to. 

Thank you for noticing my inattention. The first error is gone. Now there is an error  Consent error from : ConsentInfoUpdate-3 Publisher misconfiguration:Malformed request; the requested app ID is likely malformed, please fix it and try again. In the test application where can this be changed? to manage the request.  Or does it all change only on the admob website?

6 minutes ago, sevalx@gmail.com said:

ConsentInfoUpdate-3 Publisher misconfiguration:Malformed request; the requested app ID is likely malformed, please fix it and try again

I just noticed in your screenshot that you also had the name attribute of the meta-data incorrect, however given that the first error has gone, I assume you've corrected that? It should look like this:

<meta-data
  android:name="com.google.android.gms.ads.APPLICATION_ID"
  android:value="ca-app-pub-1692413347180528~0000000000"/>

i.e. the name attribute should be:  com.google.android.gms.ads.APPLICATION_ID

If it is now correct, the next error message suggests that the value (in the value attribute of the meta-data) you are supplying is incorrect. You should also pay attention to the details in the User Messaging Platform section of the readme.

On 5/28/2024 at 7:43 AM, Dave Nottage said:

If it is now correct, the next error message suggests that the value (in the value attribute of the meta-data) you are supplying is incorrect. You should also pay attention to the details in the User Messaging Platform section of the readme.

Will the values of the two parameters be the same?

<meta-data   android:value   and  AdMobBannerAd1.AdUnitAd

But how to use different advertisements if they have different identifiers? The reward banner has one ID and the interstitial ad has a different ID. Using the adm component we specify the application ID.

The error above was due to an incorrectly specified ~ prefix in the parameter. But now there's a new mistake

Consent error from: ConsentInfoUpdate - 3: Publisher misconfiguration: Failed to read publisher's account configuration; no form(s) configured for the input app ID. Verify that you have configured one or more forms for this application and try again. Received app ID: `ca-app-pub-3285XXXXXX~XXXXX"

2 hours ago, sevalx@gmail.com said:

Will the values of the two parameters be the same?

<meta-data   android:value   and  AdMobBannerAd1.AdUnitAd

No, since one is an application id, and the other is an ad unit id.

But how to use different advertisements if they have different identifiers? The reward banner has one ID and the interstitial ad has a different ID.

By setting the AdUnitId property of those you have ids for. You set these up in the AdMob web interface

Failed to read publisher's account configuration; no form(s) configured for the input app ID

.The most likely cause is that you need to configure GDPR and IDFA messages, here.