Roger Cigol

Got to last page of forum item ?

When I open any particular forum item it always opens on the first page. I guess this is a good idea if it's the first time one is reading that set of postings. But surely it is more common that you are going back to see recent additions to and ongoing discussion ( I do this regularly ). It would be much more convenient if, when opening and individual forum item, it opened on the last page (and perhaps even showing the most recent (ie the last) entry ?)....

• Thanks 1

Hi Lars, That's exactly what you need ! but what a circuitous route to get there. How am I supposed to know about this link (as a relatively new forum user?). Or do your regular users often go to this "unread" view and work from there?

The link "Unread content" is on the upper right side of the desktop browser forum view.

If you are on mobile, it is the sheet icon to the right of the home icon.

Perhaps not entirely intuitive, but ... I like to spelunk new websites to get to know them 😉

To much to do and so little time.....

Didn't spot that link - many thanks : I can see myself using this frequently (therefore saving just a little time and therefore getting just a little more done....)

7 hours ago, Roger Cigol said:

When I open any particular forum item it always opens on the first page.

I think most forums operate that way.

But surely it is more common that you are going back to see recent additions to and ongoing discussion ( I do this regularly ).

Agreed.

7 hours ago, Roger Cigol said:

It would be much more convenient if, when opening and individual forum item, it opened on the last page (and perhaps even showing the most recent (ie the last) entry ?)....

Personally, if I've already visited a particular discussion, I would prefer to be taken back to the last item of the previous visit. Not to the most recent item.  Most forums know my last visit time, some even show a marker for it to delimit where new items begin since the last visit.  So why not just take me right to that spot?

Edited by Remy Lebeau

Discourse is a nice piece of forum software which behaves that way, but IMO Invision (this board) isn't bad.

Every board system has its own quirks and challenges.