Sign in to follow this  
KenR

Delphi 11.2 Can't install packages

I have been installing packages all morning with no problems. The last thing I did was install the experimental version of GExperts. After doing so the filepath cannot be edited and the ... button on the right is missing. I have uninstalled GExperts but still cannot add any packages. I have rebooted but still the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sorry. DPI is 96 but I can't see that as related as I cannot edit the path of the selected package at all.

5 minutes ago, KenR said:

I cannot edit the path of the selected package at all.

And you are really sure that you were able to do so before you installed GExperts?

I wonder where you might want those dots to show up? After a package is installed, editing its path seems rather pointless. And that dialog looks just the same on my system. So I thought maybe you have some strange dpi settings, that confuse the dialog. But there seems to be everything OK with it. I'm checking for the official docs to see if they have a screenshot.

AFAIK (and I'm pretty sure of that), the full path is just for display and was never supposed to be edited. If you want to change it you need to remove that package and add the other one.

No screenshot in the docs, but no mention of the possibility (or need) to edit the path of an installed package either. So I guess you are just tired... grab a beer and get some shut eye.

Sorry about that. I must have been having a senior moment as I was confusing it with the library path (which I have been using all morning). I've been using Delphi since the days of Turbo Pascal so I have no excuse 😀