Andrew Spencer

TRESTClient Security Error 12175 following Windows Update

In case anyone is curious...  I moved over to using the N*Software TipwREST component for this and the issue does not manifest.

Edited by Nathan Wild

The issue was not caused by the Delphi components itself, but by the WinApi interface they use, which acted faulty after the Windows update. As stated in my previous comment the issue is already solved with KB5020435. Thus I have no need to switch to any 3rd party component.

• Like 1

My Windows Server 2019 is version 1809, the long term support version of Windows 10, which Microsoft promises not to break with untested Windows updates. 

The TLS bug seemed to be 21H2 only, for both Windows 10 and 11, and 10 21H2 is out of support in two months anyway. 

Angus

25 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

and 10 21H2 is out of support in two months anyway. 

Where do you get that information? To my knowledge it is Win10 21H1: 

All editions of Windows 10, version 21H1 will reach end of service on December 13, 2022.

In case it is helpful, the system where this manifested for us was a Windows 2019 "essentials" server.  The KB patch was not available for this OS, but I no longer care as the IPWorks component works fine 😉

Thanks for the link to the update for Windows 11 ARM, but that did not resolve my issue.  I am really hoping someone from Embarcadero can jump in with a fix 

3 minutes ago, Peter Blair said:

I am really hoping someone from Embarcadero can jump in with a fix 

I doubt that anyone from Embarcadero can do something against a Windows internal error caused by an update. At least as long as Microsoft doesn't provide steps to work around that.

Edited by Uwe Raabe

57 minutes ago, Peter Blair said:

Thanks for the link to the update for Windows 11 ARM, but that did not resolve my issue.  I am really hoping someone from Embarcadero can jump in with a fix 

Then try to uninstall the problematic update. To be sure the problem is with MS