Sign in to follow this  
Zazhir

Corean write in explorer popup menu

I have a complete delphi application using tatuk and a lot of components. 

When i use a OpenDialog to call or search to a file in the Windows Explorer, and I give a right click in the mouse button the follow popup is showed.

I bilieve that the write is corean or japanese, but I really don't know why this language is displayed, since the Windows native language that I'am using to the aplication and to my PC is Portuguese.

Any help to what is going on here and how can I fix it?

image.thumb.png.a310faf32e7175836402f01945c3b4fe.png

What part of the code or the software on your machine results in this behaviour. Remember that all we know is what you wrote above. 

it's look like an Ansi/Unicode issue...it that an old Delphi application before Delphi 2009 compiled with a recent version ?

didn't see it's in explorer

Edited by Paul TOTH

12 hours ago, Zazhir said:

I have a complete delphi application using tatuk and a lot of components. 

When i use a OpenDialog to call or search to a file in the Windows Explorer, and I give a right click in the mouse button the follow popup is showed.

I bilieve that the write is corean or japanese, but I really don't know why this language is displayed, since the Windows native language that I'am using to the aplication and to my PC is Portuguese.

Any help to what is going on here and how can I fix it?

image.thumb.png.a310faf32e7175836402f01945c3b4fe.png

Scan you PC for malware, looks like something installed context menu extensions for Windows explorer...

On 10/22/2022 at 5:34 AM, Paul TOTH said:

it's look like an Ansi/Unicode issue...it that an old Delphi application before Delphi 2009 compiled with a recent version ?

didn't see it's in explorer

It is, the application is from 2006... I'am using delphi 2014 to compile it. You know how can I fix it?

The component that I'am using is the TJvOpenDialog in his 3.48 version, when i test it without compile the application, the language appers correctly. But when I click it on the application running, the image is=t is what appers. 

This is the code tha I use to open the explorer

if not TJvOpenDialog1.Execute then
    exit;

//stuff goes here

maybe, the "dcu-to-resources-strings" from suite was compiled using "Corean / ???", then, the text showed will be in this language!

if yes, try use the  ".inc"/".pas" files to your language and recompile the JV suite!  understood?

On 12/30/2022 at 9:48 AM, programmerdelphi2k said:

maybe, the "dcu-to-resources-strings" from suite was compiled using "Corean / ???", then, the text showed will be in this language!

if yes, try use the  ".inc"/".pas" files to your language and recompile the JV suite!  understood?

not clearly, where can I found it this dcu-to-resources-strings? and when you say to use the  ".inc"/".pas" files, I just need to recompile it? 

Do we just have to guess what you are doing? Step back, and look at this thread, from top to bottom, and ask yourself how we could possibly say anything about what is happening on your machine.

If you genuinely want help, then you need to help us to help you.

Edited by David Heffernan

OT: I'm no expert on spilled tea. But Your demo is not in Japanese or Korean.
In my opinion, it's a random cluster of some characters. No specific language.

well, if you dont have the sources... and can not replace the ".DCU" ( if exists any, used by identify the resource strings), then, I (really) dont know...

If "Regional Setting" on MSWindows it's ok... then, the problem would can be the "resource strings" used by Dialog box.

the OpenDialog use native dialog from MSWindows, the Delphi just it's a wrap... but I dont know about JV Suite code!

43 minutes ago, programmerdelphi2k said:

well, if you dont have the sources... and can not replace the ".DCU" ( if exists any, used by identify the resource strings), then, I (really) dont know...

If "Regional Setting" on MSWindows it's ok... then, the problem would can be the "resource strings" used by Dialog box.

the OpenDialog use native dialog from MSWindows, the Delphi just it's a wrap... but I dont know about JV Suite code!

indeed a have multiples *dcu files generating when I run the application... 

but they look like this...

image.thumb.png.0b79ead23a6660bd2211f7128eb8a145.png

not sure if is this the problem...

1 hour ago, David Heffernan said:

Do we just have to guess what you are doing? Step back, and look at this thread, from top to bottom, and ask yourself how we could possibly say anything about what is happening on your machine.

If you genuinely want help, then you need to help us to help you.

Is not my machine, this happen in every server that a upload my application... seens to be like a setting code issue. 

Clearly there's a problem. But nobody knows anything about your code, because you've not shared any actionable details. Surely you understand that we can't guess what's wrong?