Fabian1648

[Delphi10.3]Why does an app running on Android 10 and 12, crash on Android11?

Hi,

I am facing a problem that many people have already noticed.

I have an app developed with Delphi 10.3.3 that works perfectly on all Android (7,8,9,10 and 12) but crashes on Android11: After splashscreen display, the app stops.

The app crashes on Android 11 but it works on Android 12 when it is the same .apk file.

Does anyone know the cause?

Thanks for your help

This could also be due to differences in hardware and configuration. How many devices have you tested for each Android version?

36 minutes ago, Hans♫ said:

This could also be due to differences in hardware and configuration. How many devices have you tested for each Android version?

No, I don't think it's a problem of hardware or configuration.

We have tested on many devices (smartphones and tablets of different manufacturers) and we always have the same behavior.

In fact, just do a search on the web and you'll find many people who have had exactly the same problem.

On our side, we took the same original code (with some adaptations due to the changes brought by Delphi 10.4, for example the 1st character of a string becomes mystring[1] while before it was mystring[0]) and compiled it with Delphi 10.4.

The result is? The app compiled with Delphi 10.4 works on all Android versions.

So there is a problem between Delphi10.3 and Android11.

1 hour ago, Fabian1648 said:

In fact, just do a search on the web and you'll find many people who have had exactly the same problem.

Can you provide specific links?

1 hour ago, Fabian1648 said:

So there is a problem between Delphi10.3 and Android11.

Does this happen with a blank app?

9 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Can you provide specific links?

Does this happen with a blank app?

1. To have specific links, just type "Delphi 10.3 Android11" in Google

For instance:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67453524/why-is-delphi-10-3-app-crashing-in-android-11

2. Personally I haven't tried it but according to some comments on the web an empty app compiled on Delphi 10.3 crashes on Android11

3 minutes ago, Fabian1648 said:

1. To have specific links, just type "Delphi 10.3 Android11" in Google

The example link you gave describes a problem, but does not have enough detail to determine exactly what their issue was. It may be the issue I referred to in my comment, however that also applies to Android 10.

6 minutes ago, Fabian1648 said:

2. Personally I haven't tried it but according to some comments on the web an empty app compiled on Delphi 10.3 crashes on Android11

If it also crashes on Android 10 and Android 12 (or later), then it may be the issue referred to (above). Without further detail, particularly whether the problem happens in a blank app, it's very difficult to determine what it is.