William23668

No support for RTL languages in TListView ?

Hi

Currently in the AddressBook sample app it display Arabic letters scrambled like

ي ا ش ق

So no possible way to display it correctly ?

• Like 1

No, it means you can install Skia4Delphi and use it in your project, and after following the steps pointed out to you, you can use "right to left" as originally expected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, William23668 said:

This mean I have to draw at canvas level inside each row in TListView ?

ACanvas.DrawSimpleText('"Each dream that you', 2, 25, LFont, LPaint);

Not! This part is exemplifying the direct use of the API. It's exactly like @Sherlock said, just replace the default FMX renderer with Skia's renderer ("GlobalUseSkia := True;" in your dpr). But there are a few more notes in the RightToLeft section in readme, which I've printed here:

image.thumb.png.6ef2660bf4073d6585e13045bf74edd8.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

directt link   fmx rtl arabic

I will put in the link a zip file containing three files

Step 1: Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\source\fmx

Step 2: Copy everything in it to your project path

Step3: Then copy the three files that I will give you and replace the existing ones

Step 4: Press Shift+F11 from Delphi and select all the libraries that we have placed in your project path.

The 5plan: bulid the program (note that you do not run, but do bulid). You will get an error message, but do not worry.

Step 6: Delete all the libraries that we added from Delphi... From the right menu, select all libraries, then press delete.

Step 7: Press Shift + F11 and add the following three libraries only FMX. FontGlyphs. Android. pas FMX. FontGlyphs. pas FMX. TextLayout. GPU

Step 8: Run.

you will get an Android application written in Arabic

581f8678d1724_.png.c4cafac229710a1d69b542fb2f93fa35.thumb.png.e5a9f5f069b38dcf6ae376e2bc67b4f3.png

Edited by xorpas
  • Like 1