at3s

Error when iOS application building in Delphi 11.2

image.thumb.png.4a68573248dfb58751b4986419119d9c.png

I'm trying to build my FMX iOS application.

When I've selected iPhone, the project built fine.

I'm not able to debug an application, because I do not have iPhone attached to my Mac machine.

But an error has been occurred when I've selected simulator (see a screen shot):

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: in c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\22.0\lib\iOSSimARM64\Release\libmidas.a(C:\Projects\Olympus\tp\intermediate\release\lib\midas\iosdevice64\alchemy.o), building for iOS Simulator, but linking in object file built for iOS, for architecture arm64

Any idea how to fix this?

Do you run successfully on IOS Device? (Not Simulator)

I were working an project 7 years ago. One library not worked on IOS Simulator and not build project. But I runned on IOS device. The project built successfully. 

You should try run your project on IOS Device.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

Hi

Has your Mac a M1/M2 processor or an "old" Intel model ?

Unfortunately it's an Intel - 2.3GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5.

1 hour ago, beytullah said:

Do you run successfully on IOS Device? (Not Simulator)

I were working an project 7 years ago. One library not worked on IOS Simulator and not build project. But I runned on IOS device. The project built successfully. 

You should try run your project on IOS Device.

Yes, the project built (but not ran) fine on "iOS Device 64-bit" platform.

The issue is - I've not connected an iPhone.

Because it's my first iOS project and even was not sure I'll be able to finish it for iOS platform.

So I was thought a simulator shall be enough.

Edited by at3s
edit

You have a solution, even if you don't have or want to buy a M1/M2 Mac today: you can rent one for few a days at a low cost.

Try https://www.scaleway.com/en/hello-m1/

They rent real Mac mini M1 hosted in a datacenter in Paris (France). You only have to install the softwares you need : Xcode and PAServer.

You have a replay of my webinar (FR) at https://serialstreameur.fr/webinaire-20210304.php with links to written explanations (to translate in your language).

Edited by Patrick PREMARTIN
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 2:23 PM, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

You have a solution, even if you don't have or want to buy a M1/M2 Mac today: you can rent one for few a days at a low cost.

Try https://www.scaleway.com/en/hello-m1/

They rent real Mac mini M1 hosted in a datacenter in Paris (France). You only have to install the softwares you need : Xcode and PAServer.

You have a replay of my webinar (FR) at https://serialstreameur.fr/webinaire-20210304.php with links to written explanations (to translate in your language).

Unfortunately I got the same error when was trying to build an iOS application on "Apple M1" chip\processor.

What is wrong with this?

I noticed, when I run a Windows version of this application built in Delphi 11, it required midas.dll.

It was not when an app was build in Delphi 10.4.

iOS fault on libmidas.a.

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: in c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\22.0\lib\iOSSimARM64\Release\libmidas.a(C:\Projects\Olympus\tp\intermediate\release\lib\midas\iosdevice64\alchemy.o), building for iOS Simulator, but linking in object file built for iOS, for architecture arm64

Just a notice.

Estou utilizando delphi 11.3 com um macbook air 2022 m1 e continua ocorrendo a situação.

Alguem sabe o que pode ser? 

Edited by Alisson

8 hours ago, Alisson said:

Estou utilizando delphi 11.3 com um macbook air 2022 m1 e continua ocorrendo a situação.

What exactly is the error message you are seeing? 

On 26/04/2024 at 20:06, Dave Nottage said:

Qual é exatamente a mensagem de erro que você está vendo? 

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: building for iOS Simulator, but linking in object file built for iOS, for architecture arm64

Desconfio que seja algo relacionado as bibliotecas Kastri master. Tenho outro app que não possui a biblioteca e funciona normalmente no IOS Simulator ARM 64 bits

1 hour ago, Alisson said:

Desconfio que seja algo relacionado as bibliotecas Kastri master. Tenho outro app que não possui a biblioteca e funciona normalmente no IOS Simulator ARM 64 bits

Which features from Kastri are you compiling? You may just need to change the value in the Framework search paths setting in the Project Options to point to the Simulator binaries, if any are available.